Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT 2004 stats: What's the difference b/w primary and secondary kills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT 2004 stats: What's the difference b/w primary and secondary kills?

I'm wondering what a "Primary Kill" is in regard to a "Secondary Kill". Mentioned on the stats page.

Does it mean kills with Primary/Secondary fire? I seem to only have 7 secondary kills with the Rocket Launcher though I remember more that involved loading up rockets in Alt-Fire.

Yeah, they are kills with primary/secondary fire.

Comment

Well, for the most part "secondary kills" are when you use the secondary function of a weapon, but not always. Exceptions include the rocket launcher - secondary kills are when a rocket has a lock and homes in on the target and kills them, and the lightning gun where headshots get flagged as secondary kills.

Comment

what about if i shoot someone and while their dying, they bump into someone and it push's them into the lava and kills them,
        or what about when you kill 2 people with one shot, ive done this with every gun - even the lightning gun..

Comment

Originally posted by parkisg
          what about if i shoot someone and while their dying, they bump into someone and it push's them into the lava and kills them
          However the credit is given in-game is how the stats see it. I don't think you can just "bump" someone off a ledge. If someone does manage to fall though, it counts as a suicide unless someone has injured them in someway within the past I-don't-know-how-many seconds.

or what about when you kill 2 people with one shot, ive done this with every gun - even the lightning gun..
          I know that counts as two kills with the weapon. I've done it many times....with a redeemer. <g>

Comment

Well most likely he used a Shield Gun to knock him into the lava. I do know for a fact that if you take ANY damage WHATSOEVER in a Raptor, then bail out and die from fall damage, a kill is awarded to the last player to change the health of that Raptor (i.e. damage it).

Comment

Originally posted by parkisg
              what about if i shoot someone and while their dying, they bump into someone and it push's them into the lava and kills them,

I Have averil'd a Raptor before and the person has "Bailed Out" from too greater height before the missile hit resulting in thier death, and it has given me the credit for it :|

Would this be a primary or secondary I wonder :|

Comment

Originally posted by -=[kRy0]=-
                I Have averil'd a Raptor before and the person has "Bailed Out" from too greater height before the missile hit resulting in thier death, and it has given me the credit for it :|

Would this be a primary or secondary I wonder :|
                You would get kill credit for a fall death, not from the Avril since that's not what killed your opponent. It would show up in your stats under the weapon list as "Fell".

Comment

Originally posted by Pnr
                  You would get kill credit for a fall death, not from the Avril since that's not what killed your opponent. It would show up in your stats under the weapon list as "Fell".
                  Thanks for clearing that up... I have 13 of those in my stats and was never really sure where they came from.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Total_Hate
                    Thanks for clearing that up... I have 13 of those in my stats and was never really sure where they came from.
                    Maybe these should be changed so instead of displaying "Fell" it would display "Shoved someone to their death" or something. Although, that seems a tad long. Hmmmm.

Comment

Yeah well the stats page is not really sophisticated; i.e. when they display under Killing Sprees the "reason spree stopped" column, when it is due to suicide it always reads "Suicided with a _______". So even if it was something like "Reckless Driving" it would read "Suicided with a Reckless Driving". Grammar of 1962 Mets quality!

Comment

Originally posted by NicAgent
                        Yeah well the stats page is not really sophisticated; i.e. when they display under Killing Sprees the "reason spree stopped" column, when it is due to suicide it always reads "Suicided with a _______". So even if it was something like "Reckless Driving" it would read "Suicided with a Reckless Driving". Grammar of 1962 Mets quality!
                        Give me a break, have you noticed the grammar used by most of the UT2004 players??? At least it says "a Reckless Driving" and "an Aneurysm". You have to keep in mind that the stats just receives the killer, the victim, and the weapon description, which in your example was "Reckless Driving" while the killer and victim were the same.
                        Anyway, since you mention it....it's been changed.
                        http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=16838171

Comment

Working...
                        X