UT accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT accuracy

do you think you be more accurate aiming (lg, shock combos) with a mouse+keyboard or a rev controller?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61438

is there a pic of the revolution controller? the article did a poor job explaining it to me.

Comment

It's basicly a stick wand thing you flaial around. I fully agree with rein here.

Comment

The Revolution controller does seem to be a nice substitute for a mouse but we will have to wait and see. I will say this though I think it will handle better than the standard console controls.

Comment

I haven't used it, but I don't think it looks very good at all comparing it to a mouse and keyboard.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

Comment

You guys love all those threads with people bashing UT2k7 even though they have no idea how it will play?

This is the same thing coming from an Epic employee.

Comment

If someone said all the weapons in ut2004 shoot fuzzy pink bunnies i'd be bashing it.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
                If someone said all the weapons in ut2004 shoot fuzzy pink bunnies i'd be bashing it.
                What if they said the movement was going to be made for n00bs?

Comment

omg, is dat sum tv remote?

Comment

A mouse would be better for aiming shock combos and stuff because its a lot easier to simply not move the mouse than it is to hold something in the air in place, you know?

But the Revolution controller beats the **** out of dual analog sticks for FPS's. I think we can all agree that the ONLY thing worse than dual analog sticks would be dual D-pads.

By the way, read my sig.

They can give me a WL or whatever, but I stand by my statement that ANYONE who says that graphics are the most important part of a game is either 1) under the influence of some illegal narcotic 2) stupid or 3) being paid by some company to say so. So, Mark... what's Microsoft like in bed?

Comment

I think the fact that the DS will be useable as a controller for the revolution would be the better control option. That touch screen system with the Metroid demo is the first time I have enjoyed playing an FPS off a computer since Quake III on my DC with a mouse and KB

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
                        You guys love all those threads with people bashing UT2k7 even though they have no idea how it will play?

This is the same thing coming from an Epic employee.
                        If I were Epic, i'd get a new vice pres fast.

Comment

Actually reading the article I will have to agree and disaggree with Mr Rein. The revolutions controller will not work for FPS, but neither will the XBOX360, nor will most likley any PS3 (or for that matter current PS2) controller. There has not been a single traditional analog/digital console controler that can provide the accuracy/response of a mouse/KB for FPS's. As I said above before the touch screen of the DS (which has come closest to emulating the mouse control) I have not enjoyed a single console FPS short of DC ones that supported the systems Mouse/KB

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
                            Actually reading the article I will have to agree and disaggree with Mr Rein. The revolutions controller will not work for FPS, but neither will the XBOX360, nor will most likley any PS3 (or for that matter current PS2) controller. There has not been a single traditional analog/digital console controler that can provide the accuracy/response of a mouse/KB for FPS's. As I said above before the touch screen of the DS (which has come closest to emulating the mouse control) I have not enjoyed a single console FPS short of DC ones that supported the systems Mouse/KB
                            Indeed the DS is getting close to the mouse accuracy in fps but just needs to be a little more reachable whit your thumb to become even closer.The revo controller will be very nice to play shootergames and in combination whit that joystick it will become a variant of mouse and keyboard.(movement in your left hand and aim and action in your right hand,which makes me suspect that it won't be to hard to make games whit good controlls).

Also you will be able to connect a DS to the revo which will provide even more inventive gameplay.

Mark Rein believes that graphics go above gameplay and that is not exactly what we want to hear when we are waiting for ut2k7.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost
                              If I were Epic, i'd get a new vice pres fast.
                              +1. That "discussion panel", basically showed Rein to be a raving lunatic in favor of whoever is buttering his bread. Really, how much did the other speakers talk compared to Rein? He dominated the discussion, he cut people off, he interrupted people, he pulled X360 paraphanalia (sp?) out and waved it around like some sort of Gaming Goldmine, which it simply is NOT, and basically shows his true colors.

And those colors are ugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X