Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech G5 or G7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Logitech G5 or G7

    which do you think is better the G5 or the G7?

    #2
    I think they both use the same shoddy microsensors that started with the mx510 series and on and will be proned to breaking and require RMAing like many Logitech mice.

    Comment


      #3
      I think G5, because I dont know the difference tbh .

      Comment


        #4
        G5 is better because the G7 has some trouble with some mousepads.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Cursive
          I think they both use the same shoddy microsensors that started with the mx510 series and on and will be proned to breaking and require RMAing like many Logitech mice.
          i have had my mx510 for about a year now and have never had a single problem with it. never misses a beat and has been the best **** mouse ive ever used. if they are so shoddy what do you suggest people use then?

          Comment


            #6
            I personally broke 3 different mice from the mx51x series, 2 510s and 1 518. Both of them had the exact same problems that tons of other gamers I know have had, basically the micosensors in the mouse that actually register your clicks break, so that when you click a button and hold it down, it automatically registers you releasing the button, usually not right away but rather at some random interval. Really entertaining when you're queing rockets in a game like UT2k4.

            I now use a Razer Diamondback, and I've been on it for about 7 months now, and I use vanilla windows drivers and have 0 problems using my mouse and using it on any other system I play on at LANS etc. I'll gladly reexamine Logitech mice when they address this problem. I made a long technical post detailing it on Logitech forums and it was simply ignored. To their credit though, their RMA service is pretty pain free, but in some cases it can take a good while to get a new mouse in your hands.

            Comment


              #7
              as much as i thought the mx1000 had no lag i was wrong, the G7 is amazing responce compared to even the 1000 and the two bateries never run out. and its lighter then the 1000 too. but those idoits took the side buttons off,

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Cursive
                I personally broke 3 different mice from the mx51x series, 2 510s and 1 518. Both of them had the exact same problems that tons of other gamers I know have had, basically the micosensors in the mouse that actually register your clicks break, so that when you click a button and hold it down, it automatically registers you releasing the button, usually not right away but rather at some random interval. Really entertaining when you're queing rockets in a game like UT2k4.

                I now use a Razer Diamondback, and I've been on it for about 7 months now, and I use vanilla windows drivers and have 0 problems using my mouse and using it on any other system I play on at LANS etc. I'll gladly reexamine Logitech mice when they address this problem. I made a long technical post detailing it on Logitech forums and it was simply ignored. To their credit though, their RMA service is pretty pain free, but in some cases it can take a good while to get a new mouse in your hands.
                i had the Razer Diamondback but i didnt like it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Heres the G7:
                  http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10716

                  Heres the G5:
                  http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10715

                  Comment


                    #10
                    the reason they rolled out the G5 and G7 with fewer buttons is so they can sell you the G6 and G8 (in 3-5 months they will add back several buttons

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by alBchu
                      the reason they rolled out the G5 and G7 with fewer buttons is so they can sell you the G6 and G8 (in 3-5 months they will add back several buttons
                      I think the G6 and G8 should be sold at (-150) dollars like a refund for g5

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X