How is this possible...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is this possible...?

First a couple disclaimers. First, I am in no way close to a "leet" or even a competitive player. I have been playing for maybe six months. I just like to spam around on the pubs. Secondly, I am in no way accusing anyone of cheating. I am aware that there is some awesome skill out there.

I was playing on a large (20 or so players) DM server tonight and the map was DM-Goliath in a game to 75. I connected about 1/3 of the way through the game, and finished somewhere in the middle. When the score came up, to my shock, the winner had a kill to death count of 75-0!!!! It wasn't like most of the people in the game were noobs. I have seen many of them play online before, and they are good players. So later, after having my fill of UT for the night, I reflected on the crazy feat I had witnessed. I went to the UT stats page to look at the players stats for the game. I assumed he would have been camping somewhere headshotting everyone. Lo and behold, 27 kills with rox, 22 with flak, only 15 with lightning. So apparently he was moving about the map. I then looked at his stats for some other matches he had played recently, including one where he connected in the middle of a game I was in. No amazing totals, something like 12-8 on Roughinery.

My question is, was he just incredibly lucky (not likely imo) or incredibly good or what? How can this happen????

If you have stuck with me this far, thanks and please keep in mind the disclaimers I listed. Thanks in advance for your replies.

He was probably timing the DD and the 100a.

Comment

If he won 12-8 against someone and beat you guys 75-0, then that prolly means hes really into playing competitive players (and thats how got real good, he plays at a much higher level), like LOB 1v1 server and all or #2k4tdm pro irc channel.

btw if you havent figured out already, stats mean nothing.

And what was they're name? I might know him/her (assuming they werent aliasing ofcourse).

Comment

I kno stats are ****, just wanted to see if he was all headshots, etc.

Edit: name was $arge::LOB::

Comment

Originally posted by meleemaster

I know him. I played him in 1v1 before too and met him a couple times on 1v1 servers. It was like 25-1 or summin for him (i forget exactly the score). But I think I could score a couple more points on him by now.

*EDIT*(checked screenshots folder) : It was 37-1 not 25-1.

Comment

He is incredibly good.

Comment

Originally posted by meleemaster

hah. I've seen $arge hit wicked sick on the Fractionary before. He's **** good. But if you tell him I said that, I'll deny it all as lies and h4x!

Comment

Thx for all the responses guys. Sounds like I was in the presence of a master. Oh yeh, incredibly I only got killed by him twice. Next time I see him I will spec to see the man at work.

Comment

btw if you havent figured out already, stats mean nothing.
                  This is clearly not true, many people make a decent living out of turning stats into information. Of course not everyone has the right mind to spin the correct interpretation. Sure there are limitations, but Id have thought most people would be able to use their common sense to see what they are. Stats are particularly useful when you where actually in the game yourself, so that you can apply the numbers to a context - always important.

I do not count myself as a competative player either but have had a number of games with zero kills. I think the highest I got with no deaths was also around 70 on a game of kill billy barn. Sometimes you just get lucky, I dont time at all but after playing for a while you just kinda know when its worth looking for the goodies. Once you get the momentum behind you its easier to keep going, especially as the adrenaline builds up, and the long sprees help boost this along nicely!

But its weird, on other games you get your butt handed to you by the same players, sometimes stuff just goes your way!

Cheating accusations are normal, I played only one TDM game at the weekend and got a load of grief when I went Wick Sick
                  http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=16422068
                  Poor nM|Dillinger was saying 'cheater' after every frag . Oh well tbh it just gives me a big head so I dont mind really! Takes a lot of concentration though, when I eventually died (suicide of all things) I then got fragged repeatedly and went up to 10 deaths quite quick.

Anyways, just my thoughts. GL and HF chap

Comment

It was me in disguise!

Comment

I was in that match last night and yeah Sarge is that good. I saw him whorin the 100 so I stayed at the DD.

BTW gg's Sarge <3

http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=16465001

Comment

Good to see a fellow clanmate getting the spotlight for a bit. BTW, nice game Sarge.

Comment

lol.

God I love INA

Comment

:haha:
                            this thread made me laugh.
                            can't believe i've posted here 2 times, i'm ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by HeCTiC 6ft dp
                              Good to see a fellow clanmate getting the spotlight for a bit. BTW, nice game Sarge.
                              I thought you were in clan [ELF]

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Comment

Working...
                              X