No announcement yet.

UT and Skype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno, maybe I did something wrong or had a conflict, I uninstalled it months ago.

Comment

Re: UT and Skype

Originally posted by Robmonster
      Anyone tried running a listen 1v1 server, and Skype chatting to your opponent..?
      I havent, but noticed your sig, Laser Sqad Rox, had it on my Speccy - although Rebelstar Raiders was the best ! Saw LSN a while back but got put off by subscription based gaming .

Comment

The current system lets you play 50 turns for free. That'll be enough to get you hooked.

A great game!

RM

Comment

Because of the need to press buttons and chat - doesn't seem like much but it's annoying. There is a small delay with in-game now matter how fast your connection. Skype for me is instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
            i absolutely LOVE skype, if i play pub im on it with friends that are still in holland quite often (as you couldve seen in another topic i just emigrated to sweden)

It doesnt lag me, and doesnt crash me in ut1 here.

When i used it at home on my pc, it didnt lag me and it didnt crash ut1 nor ut2k4.

the quality is SO much better than ts and ventrillo (when its a 1on1 conversations, for clantalks its not suited)
            not true, it all depends on the codec used... But because both programs are multiple user oriented they sacrifice some quality for lesser use of bandwith by default... I'm sure there's codecs you can use that'll be as good as skype but with multiple users in a channel it might start to get laggy

Comment

I've been googling the web, read about using Skype with video games.
              It's a shame to see we have the same problems in 2010 as in 2005.
              That's actually not totally true... During my search I came across a cool free application that allows me to use Skype while I play games. Overwolf, that's the name of the application, creates an overlay above the game and I can see Skype even while I'm playing. No need for that Alt+Tab bulli**** anymore!

If you are still having problems with Skype (and got to this forum post using Google ) you should really check it out - Overwolf - Use Skype In Game.

Comment

thanks man, this will help a lot

Comment

You could also use xfire instead. Or both. Or both + MSN, like I do.

Comment

I use my phone If I play with a friend I just call him. My PC + MSN + UT2004 + online = BAAAD!
                    I close everything which is not needed when I play online.

Comment

Xfire is very buggy and insecure, thats why I only still have it just to lead my clan and keep in touch with some friends, i'd prefer msn or skype, so thanks for this solution.

Comment

Buggy? Insecure? First time I've heard that, and never experienced anything like it.

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
                          thanks man, this will help a lot

I'm glad you liked it

Comment

Can't use it...In its properties it says "Show/Hide Overwolf" "Shift+F2" I press that key bind and nothing happens, i have also tried with another game and it doesn't works

Comment

It gets me outgame when I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                                I use my phone
                                oldschool huh lol

i use 2 cans and a long string lol j/k

i use xfire and the only game i had issues with is cod4 it crashes the game here and there but all other games it works fine so yeah i recommend xfire for gaming
                                username wickedinsanegaming if you want to add

Comment

Working...
                                X