Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting Demos into Media Player files...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting Demos into Media Player files...

Hey, Does anybody know how to convert a .Demo4 file into a Media Players file? Somebody said Windows Movie Maker, if so, is it free?

im sure theres a tut on this. I'll try find it....

[edit] http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...light=demo+tut

A short search brings you everything you need :up:

Comment

Try clicking the create .avi Button in "Community".

Comment

Originally posted by awaw
        Try clicking the create .avi Button in "Community".
        Unfortunately for me, doing this makes the video extremely laggy, so slow that it is unwatchable. I have heard many others say this also.

Comment

I still having Fraps -record problems... when i record the demo, and watch it in any Movie-player it always gives ''little laggs'' i tried switching the Frame per second numbers but no result... why? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Imp@l3dRound
            Unfortunately for me, doing this makes the video extremely laggy, so slow that it is unwatchable. I have heard many others say this also.
            And I always thought this is because of my slow pc...:bulb:

p.s.: The Windows Movie Maker allows you to cut your movie. It's included into windows. You should be able to find it at: Start -> all Programs -> Windows Movie Maker.
            However, it's a quite simple program...

Comment

Windows Movie Maker can't import demo4 files, presumably you are using this after recording with another client such as Fraps or something? or waiting all day for the avi to save

Comment

Originally posted by ]M[-SiLv3rJaX-
                I still having Fraps -record problems... when i record the demo, and watch it in any Movie-player it always gives ''little laggs'' i tried switching the Frame per second numbers but no result... why? :bulb:
                Is it lagging in-game or when you replay the avi? If it's during the replay then compress it and try again... it's hard on most computers to replay a 1 gig, 1 minute file.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
                  Is it lagging in-game or when you replay the avi? If it's during the replay then compress it and try again... it's hard on most computers to replay a 1 gig, 1 minute file.
                  Both, when i record it while playing the demo & watch it in a Movie-player... maybe i should change the Resolution? (Not at home right now, so can't try..) :noob:

Comment

Both, when i record it while playing the demo & watch it in a Movie-player... maybe i should change the Resolution? (Not at home right now, so can't try..) :noob:
                    Uhh, are you recording at 1024x768? If so then change to 640x480 or below.

I'd also recommend you use the 'FixedFps 30' command. That will make the engine remove some graphical features when needed to keep the FPS above or at 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
                      Uhh, are you recording at 1024x768? If so then change to 640x480 or below.

I'd also recommend you use the 'FixedFps 30' command. That will make the engine remove some graphical features when needed to keep the FPS above or at 30.
                      Unreal tab > fixedfps 30 ?

Thnx for the comment, gonna try it if im at home :up:

Comment

Unreal tab > fixedfps 30 ?

Thnx for the comment, gonna try it if im at home :up:
                        No problem, do give me the results

Comment

fraps sux, always makes my game lag

www.planetgamecam.com

this stuff is good, and free

fraps u gotta buy it to record over 30 secs

use this to convert em into wma, and then use windows movie maker or Adobe premier or one of the other movie making proggies out there to creature ure video

Comment

Originally posted by ||M@Yh3M||
                            fraps sux, always makes my game lag

www.planetgamecam.com

this stuff is good, and free

fraps u gotta buy it to record over 30 secs

use this to convert em into wma, and then use windows movie maker or Adobe premier or one of the other movie making proggies out there to creature ure video
                            Use 640x840 or lower with 'FixedFps 30'

Oh and erm, your saying i can download adobe but not fraps? ;D

Comment

Look at the Video Tut in my sig....

Comment

Working...
                              X