No announcement yet.

Insta DM gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that no one mentioned was to uncheck the standard servers only filter checkbox in the bottom left hand corner.

That is what you are probrably going to need to do seeing as this is your first time trying to play UT2004.

Comment

[GoC] public servers (based in London, England) ::

213.230.200.165:9100 - iCTF (12 players)
      213.230.200.165:9200 - iCTF (12 players)
      213.230.200.165:9300 - iDM (10 players)
      213.230.200.165:9400 - iTDM (10 players)
      213.230.200.165:9500 - ArenaMaster (10 players)
      213.230.200.165:9600 - TAM (12 players)

217.146.89.26:10100 - iCTF (12 players)
      217.146.89.26:10200 - iCTF (12 players)
      217.146.89.26:10300 - iDM (10 players)
      217.146.89.26:10400 - iTDM (10 players)
      217.146.89.26:10500 - ArenaMaster (10 players)
      217.146.89.26:10600 - TAM (12 players)

All servers v3355 and running UT2vote, SafeGame and UTAN.

i.e. no zounds, no zark (wtf is that), no weapon mods, no low grav and no 135% gamespeed ....

(if one of the servers is passworded, its being used for a war - try one of the others).

Comment

:cry: SAFEGAME!=lagfest lol

Comment

I thought: ArPharazon is still alive!!! Maybe I should check those servers...
          But then the word SAFEGAME pops up and think: Fuck it:down:

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet
            The server in my sig could do with a little more useage - it's likely to get used for something else if it stays so empty.

iTDM UTCOMP, translocator on (if you dare use it)
            A week ago, I saw two T32 players on that server and I wanted to join the game cuz iTDM is my fav gametype, more fun than iDM imho.
            First, i've been kicked by antitcc cuz I had loaded a bad version of UTComp.I closed game, reopened and clicked join.Then I've been kicked cuz of my name: Player.I changed name and joined.
            map had changed and there were no more peeps.
            I left cuz fightin Tamika or Ravage hmmmm
            And since, I've seen no more players on it.Too bad.
            Why don't u organize matches or sumthin like that to promote the server?

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
              I thought: ArPharazon is still alive!!! Maybe I should check those servers...
              But then the word SAFEGAME pops up and think: Fuck it:down:
              Hello Abilio! Long time no see!

I thought you quit UT2004 because of your gay ping probs over there in portugal

Comment

Originally posted by ~AvAlAnChÊ~
                :cry: SAFEGAME!=lagfest lol
                Yes yes - safegame causes lag, but only while its doing its checks. Fine after that.

Comment

Hmmm...

What happened to the shock rifle? She's a bit wet now

This game has certainly gone, um, fast..

Comment

A good US iDM/iTDM server is 208.185.248.185:7777.

GroovyJoker has this server set up with low grav, a decent level of air controle, trans_a_lot, and a different scoped IG gun model that I can't remember the name of.

Comment

Originally posted by q03
                      A good US iDM/iTDM server is 208.185.248.185:7777.

GroovyJoker has this server set up with low grav, a decent level of air controle, trans_a_lot, and a different scoped IG gun model that I can't remember the name of.
                      I love playing there even if as an european player I got ping 280 but trust me or not when u get used to its playable
                      Another nice US server, classical insta (NGI) is this one:
                      Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="67.85.70.105",Port=7789, QueryPort=7790,ServerName="A Good Place to Die")
                      And ping for european is decent around 140 at match start, 120 at match end.
                      Other kewl US server:
                      Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="69.90.112.141",Port=7777 ,QueryPort=7778,ServerName="~*BHC*~_Bubbas__House_*_Instagib*")
                      NGI trans
                      Ping 130/120 for european there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
                        Magwa, I feel the same as you. Instagibs is dead or was transformed to something not desireable. I like plain old normal instagibs. Now if I'm lucky to see a couple of servers with gibs they are LGI 135 iCTF ****. It's too fast for someone with more than 50 ping. And the majority of players have no skill at all. They shoot randomly like 5 shots to 1 hit.
                        Maybe I'm getting old:sour:
                        This is the very same reason why I have stopped playing. Near-on every server plays the LG135 gash! When you do find a good server, it's got a load of un-ripe plums in it camping every doorway... Shame really, IG is the only game type I used to play...

The ave age of the IG player seems to be of about 14, just no fun anymore..

Comment

Ah shit, I've got the flue today
                          Anyway, ArPharazon I quit playing it for the reasons I've already explained and Magwa and Jertsy mentioned too. I'm also getting older and I simply can't stand the usual atittude we're seeing online these days, not only in UT2004 but with other games too.
                          Instagibs died when UT2004 came up. Period. People may argue it takes a bit to get used coming from UT2003, that it now feels more like UT so it's more balanced, blah, blah, blah. It simple just doesn't pay off to waste time in it. My opinion and people may desagree as they want with it.

I still play the game tough. May look stupid but I'm playing once in a while offline, even normal weapons, but I do it just to pass some free time I may have. No problems getting ****** with other players or any specific online problem. Heck, if the bots **** me off I can simply use killbots and I'm an happy man again

I still get a few problems with my ping once in a while but nothing that doesn't happen with everyone else. The problem is playing with guys that think ping 50 = lag...

Rofl, let's just see what this new patch will bring

Comment

Working...
                          X