Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectator camera => setting POV from flag (CTF) and ball (BR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectator camera => setting POV from flag (CTF) and ball (BR)

It is only a -very obvious to me- feature that must have been talked about in that forum (I havent checked though)
    In case it hasnt been, here are bases of what is imo a needed feature in spectator mode : setting point of view from flag in CTF and from Ball in BR

Actually in UT2k3 you have only 2 modes (as far as I know ): Following a player / Free cam
    That is quite boring to follow action in BR (ball is often launched / caught by dif players) or CTF (flag is dropped/taken by a teammate)
    And imo, swapping mode in spector cam is a bit hazardous
    I never know how many times I have to click left/right mouse button to follow someone... and following a match can be as hard as playing it...

Here is my personnal idea on this stuff :
    Since you are on spectator mode, you dont need anymore weapon aliases (1,2,3,...9 keys for those who kept thoses binds)
    Instead of randomly mouse click directly bind spectator modes to those keys :

1 : freecam
    2 : swapping player POV in a cycle
    3 : swapping red-team player POV
    4 : swapping blue-ream player POV
    5 : following Ball (in BR) or "taken-flag" (in CTF)
    6 : following red flag
    7 : following blue flag

"taken-flag" = following the flag which has left the base
    If both flag are in base it is POV from one standing flag (cliking again "5" to swap of flag)
    If one flag leave the base it directly focuses on it
    If both flags leave it stay on current flag and swap if current flag is dropped and other one is still out of base...

I hope you have caught up my global idea
    If you don't understand my "taken flag" mode it isnt that important

I had that idea a long time ago so perhaps that has been done in a mutator like TTM...

If not, what do you think about that idea ?

I like it! :up:

Comment

Nice :up:

Comment

great idea:up:

Comment

Originally posted by [GOD]Odds
          I like it! :up:
          recording demos from wars is real hard... if the ballcarrier dies or the ball switch hands it's a mess to cykle to the guy with the ball sometimes missing some important action :sour:

Comment

Yup youre right it has been mentioned before in this thread but its worth bringing up again :up:

Comment

Excellent idea. :up:

Comment

Working...
              X