Halloween Havoc 2005 *Seasonal Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richmanrush
    nice! I played on your server a few times last year (though I think it was a christmas theme?)

Nice server! I'll try to stop by again this year.
    Halloween Havoc: Sept. 10 - Nov. 10
    Xmas Slaybells: Nov. 10 - Jan. 10

Same IP, same server host location, just a change of seasonal fragging fun.

Comment

ahhh! that's what I thought hehe. Always good people playing on your server. Thx for the host!

Comment

YAY! Can't believe it's already been a year!

Comment

Well, it seems I've run into the same problem as always when running a custom content server - no one ever sees it in the server browser, thus no one ever plays.

I've taken the zombies mutator and the other groovy halloween stuff and made it a vote option in the mapvote.

i.e.
          DM_No_Zombies (standard deathmatch in halloween maps)
          DM_Zombies_Of_Nightmare (zombies and babes and other groovy stuff!)

This way I can keep the server on the "white list" as a "standard" server, and thus it will show in the server browser. So, you will still get to play on the groovy halloween themed maps but you will have to vote for the zombies as a gametype in the mapvote. The server should switch back to "standard" if everyone leaves, so that it can again be seen by the n00bs in teh server browser.

This is one of those things I've hated about UT2004 ever since it came out (the standard server/white list junk). I hope they get rid of it in the next game. :up:

Comment

I tried connecting to your server Nighty, but my connection to your redirect was just too painfully slow. Not much you can do about it with a US <-> Euro connection.

Comment

Thanks again Nighty, Good Job, I always enjoy your Themed Servers :up:

Comment

I saved the server IP to my favs. I have a lot of fun there.
                The carnival bar, with the 18 wheelers is a blast.:up: :heart:

Comment

I am plying on ur server right now. waiting for dl actually. cool set up, though you should allow points for killing zombies, and jack their dificulty to godlike.

Comment

Well, I could do that actually with the zombies. But the whole idea was to have a DM/INV hybrid gametype, where you still wanted to concentrate mostly on your human opponents. The Zombies would be tough to kill, and if you managed to kill one, they might reward you with a powerup. But the game was to still be DM, fragging your human opponent to score, but with a Halloween twist.

Comment

I am working on a Halloween map, I am still finishing up, will be done in a week or 2, lots of custom content,
                      hope people are interested,
                      I also released a skin pack and a skeleton skin
                      http://unrealtournament2004.filefron..._Hunters;48104

Comment

hehe- Ghost players - nice!

Comment

server is ping spiking sometimes for unknown reasons. perhaps when someone joins server.

Comment

If you're talking about a slight pause when someone joins, that's pretty normal as the game syncs the new player. I notice it's alot worse when there are tons of zombies wandering around - but I think that's a client issue rather than server. The zombies sure take alot of CPU power to display!

The server is hosted at ribservers.com out of Dallas, TX, so it might also be a routing issue for you. I live in Houston and get around 30 ping, haven't seen a ping spike yet (crosses fingers).

parkisg: email me once you finish your map. I'd love to host it for the duration of the Halloween server this year.

Comment

couldnt you use public redirect... wich would be hella faster. Then if redirect goes down you use the standard method.

Comment

The server uses a private hosted, compressed, high bandwidth redirect for all files and maps. If it wasn't redirecting for you, it might have been down. ***** sometimes happens. I find my redirect to be alot faster than the publics most of the time, since my hosted virtual server isn't shared like the public one is.

Comment

Working...
                                X