Halloween Havoc 2005 *Seasonal Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Havoc 2005 *Seasonal Server

Server: Nighty's Halloween Havoc 2005 - ZoMbIes!
    Host Location: ribservers.com (Dallas)
    IP: 72.29.117.213
    Port: 7777 (default)
    Dates Of Operation: 9-10-05 thru 11-10-05
    Gametypes: DM w/ZoMbIeS
    Total Maps: 49+ (more to come as I find them)
    Max Players: 10+2
    Mutators: UTan, Uadmin, ATCC, Talking Icon
    Per Map Mutators: Most maps Normal Weapons and Speed, some Themed Giant Maps are ZoomInstagib + Trans, 125% Speed
    Server Bots: Map Dependant (never more than 4, leave as players enter)
    World Stats: OFF
    Server Tick/Netspeed: 35/10000
    Custom Map Redirect: Private, High-speed, Compressed

Yes, it's that time of the year (again!). Last years Halloween themed server was phenomenally successful, so I decided what the hell (pun intended). This is a three year tradition now at nightstormer.com, and I'm hoping next years server will be hosting UT2007.

Nothing but Halloween maps, Deathmatch style but with a twist. We've got the Zombies of Nightmare mutator running, and it adds a bit of spice to the boring old DM experience. Whenever you frag or get fragged, a Zombie is spawned and will attack anyone in it's path. Zombies are tough, but they'll sometimes drop special items once you kill them - if you can take your eyes off your opponent long enough, that is. Makes for some really groovy, gruesome hybrid fragging fun. Yes, I realize I'll be getting a hard time once again for starting the server so early, but the server starts generally when the stores start hawking their Halloween goodies, and thats now.

All custom content (including maps, etc) is served to you through a lightning fast, compressed web redirect. I've tested it thoroughly, and everything seems to be working as it should. If you have any feedback or suggestions (including map referrals!), please don't hesitate to post here, or you can contact me at: nighty@nightstormer.com

Monitor all our servers at:
    http://www.nightstormer.com/xplug.htm

Hope to see you all there this Halloween season, have fun! :noob: :up:

sweet..thanks nighty..

Comment

Awesome there was some maps from last year I wanted to play again.

Comment

Nighty you da man

Comment

yay the halloween server is back

wait that was a year ago, scary

Comment

GG Nightstormer

Comment

Re: Halloween Havoc 2005 *Seasonal Server

I decided what the hell (pun intended)
              <fails to see pun>

Comment

Halloween is also known as the Day of the Dead

Comment

Admittedly, it was a very weak pun at best.

Comment

OMG Im joining and this file called ZoNewTex or something is 8666KB! 666! :haha: :weird: :bulb: . I wish it was was in europe .

Comment

Well, it's all custom maps, so if you have a slow pipe it's probably not going to be much fun with each map change. 8666KB downloads in around 10 seconds on my cable connection, but I realize there are alot of people out there on less than stellar connections. Don't see how it's avoidable though, since it is a themed server with all custom content. :heart:

Comment

Awesome! This must have been alot of work.

Request/suggestion for improvement (i told you some already ingame, but this way other users can give their oppinions)
                        • Please change something in instagib. the zombies don't give you gimmicks (?) and their attack is useless, since you're killed in instagib with one shot, equal how many hp you've got.
                        • I think I'd prefer Zombie invasion. What do the others think about this?
                        • Removing all weapons could make the zombies more important. Don't know how the others play it, but I most of the time ignore them, since I get weapons the normal way faster and easier.
                        • Make an european server too :cry: (Guess there is no chance to make this happen?)
                        • The spider zombies don't seem to have a death animation.
                        • How are the players supposed to recognize an instagib-map?

thx for your work!:up:

Comment

I played a couple of matches last year, but being on 56k the 300 ping kind of sucked :sour: . I'd recommend everybody else give it a try though. It's good fun, and something a little bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by awaw
                            Awesome! This must have been alot of work.

Request/suggestion for improvement (i told you some already ingame, but this way other users can give their oppinions)
                            • Please change something in instagib. the zombies don't give you gimmicks (?) and their attack is useless, since you're killed in instagib with one shot, equal how many hp you've got.
                            • I think I'd prefer Zombie invasion. What do the others think about this?
                            • Removing all weapons could make the zombies more important. Don't know how the others play it, but I most of the time ignore them, since I get weapons the normal way faster and easier.
                            • Make an european server too :cry: (Guess there is no chance to make this happen?)
                            • The spider zombies don't seem to have a death animation.
                            • How are the players supposed to recognize an instagib-map?

thx for your work!:up:
                            Thanks for the kind words and the suggestions, ggs today also!

Instagib is map dependant on this server - most maps are normal weapons and normal speed. The zoominsta and speed boost is only for the giant maps and the huge outdoor maps. I really can't think of a way to make it so you would know which map is insta and which is nw, I guess trial and error? Learning what each map has to offer is part of the fun!

I didn't make the zombie mutator, so I can't comment about the completeness of the animations, but I think as a whole it's really a groovy mutator! But you are right - they are more of an obstacle than anything else in Insta. Nothing to do for that I guess. As far as weapon drops, they also drop kegs of health, shield power ups, and redeemers upon occasion when killed, so sometimes it's worth it to hack and slash a few if you aren't busy gibbing your friends.

And the server was alot of work, but it's always my pleasure. Wait till you see the Christmas server this year.

Comment

nice! I played on your server a few times last year (though I think it was a christmas theme?)

Nice server! I'll try to stop by again this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X