What do you do to avoid spider mines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen some people that are literally immune to spider mines (aka. they can't be killed by spider mines) as they are so good at avoiding them.
    I still dislike those little things as they are a bit cheap weapon and only effective against new players (aka those who cant dodge them). Older players can avoid them without problem unless they run into them unexpectedly.

Dodge + doublejump seems to do the trick at outracing them for me. Or leading them into place where they explode as they come in contact with it.
    For close combat: most of the time I run in circles while shooting the node and the spider mines always miss me when they jump. I manage to get killed by them once a while when they miss me and hit something else - the too large splash damage radious comes to mind. And there's no explosion sound either.

What do you do to avoid them aside from blasting them or the person who placed them. Tactic?

i use all methods described above + grabbing the assault rifle instead of a shock rifle or something

Comment

Dodgejumps is the best you can do when you get near the spidermines. I often try to destroy them with shock balls or flak secondary while dodging. Also, using the minigun against someone using the minelayer you have a big chance to make a spider explode in his face...

BTW: If you shoot mines inside the shield of a PowerNode you'll be able to keep more than 8 spiders at the same time then...

Comment

I guess you are talking about Primeval. When a spider is at a certain distance from you it stops and than jumps on to you. The moment it stops you dodge in to a prefered direction and you got your self a nice gap between urself and the spider (now you can shoot it to pieces). In case of multiple spider attack you dodge away and let all the spiders follow you and now you only need 1 flackball to kill them all at once. But you need to practice a lot to now what there up to.

Edit: the easiest way to get rid of them is to let them follow you to a node. They all die when they hit a node.

Comment

Re: What do you do to avoid spider mines?

Originally posted by Gyro
          I've seen some people that are literally immune to spider mines (aka. they can't be killed by spider mines) as they are so good at avoiding them.
          I still dislike those little things as they are a bit cheap weapon and only effective against new players (aka those who cant dodge them). Older players can avoid them without problem unless they run into them unexpectedly.

Dodge + doublejump seems to do the trick at outracing them for me. Or leading them into place where they explode as they come in contact with it.
          For close combat: most of the time I run in circles while shooting the node and the spider mines always miss me when they jump. I manage to get killed by them once a while when they miss me and hit something else - the too large splash damage radious comes to mind. And there's no explosion sound either.

What do you do to avoid them aside from blasting them or the person who placed them. Tactic?
          The best way to avoid spider mines is to stop playing ONS...

RD

Comment

Dodge jumping away over nodes usually works, mini secondary or link does the trick aswell.

Comment

I put up a shield.

But it never works.:cry:

It should.

Comment

Well that doesn't work in Vctf

I try to run them into a wall and dodge away from them, snipe them from a distance and link secondary them which works surprisingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                  Well that doesn't work in Vctf

I try to run them into a wall and dodge away from them, snipe them from a distance and link secondary them which works surprisingly well.
                  Same here . Or I just run up as far as I can up hill so they explode. Quite funny to watch.
                  -Off topic-
                  As you can see in my sig the ut2004:// links dont work. Could someone tell me how to fix them?

Comment

Originally posted by [=UTVC=]
                    As you can see in my sig the ut2004:// links dont work. Could someone tell me how to fix them?
                    found out about that a while ago while quoting its the [ut2004] tags, dont use [url]

Comment

Kill the noob who's running in a straight line towards me with his laser on.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclips
                        found out about that a while ago while quoting its the [ut2004] tags, dont use [url]
                        I wasnt I was just using the ut2004:// links like that lol .

Comment

Re: Re: What do you do to avoid spider mines?

Originally posted by Reddragon
                          The best way to avoid spider mines is to stop playing ONS...

RD
                          Hehe

Comment

Re: What do you do to avoid spider mines?

Originally posted by Gyro

Most important kill the spider mine user, "no user no mines"

Counter by shooting spiders at him 2-3 just to distract him and ruin his flow now flip up Minigun or Linkgun use the faster fire mode on the minigun and shoot the user this will tear him up and if lucky it will blow up a spider mine in his face as he fires of another one...

Linkgun same principle alt fire him with the beam and tear him up if he fires a spider it might very likley blow up in his face...

Comment

Don't play ONS.

Comment

Working...
                              X