Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the point of making ut2004 more like ut99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vrxGz
    Where are you getting those prices? You sound like you're setting yourself to get ripped off next upgrade. :|
    http://newegg.com :up:

Comment

1. GFX = $499.00 USD ( I'm Canadian )

2. RAM 1GB = $123 USD

3. MB = $123 USD

4. UT2007 = $70 USD

Total = $815 USD = $977.157

So there you go. Exageration? nooooo

Comment

Originally posted by windigo

the easykills made for really fast gameplay
        They also made it fun, something you could enjoy hour after hour. UT2K3/4 is just too much like hard work. I am sure it requires much more skill to get the frags in the newer UT's, I just don't get the same 'buzz' as I did with the original

Indy

Comment

I don´t see a reason to keep making updated UT, I want something new. That´s how UT got popular, it had different style of gameplay from other games at that time.

The same can be done again, a totally original game that happens in the Unreal universe, with new weapons and gameplay factors.

That´s what I think.

Comment

Think of it this way… UT99 is the old style wooden rollercoaster. UT2k4 is a new steel rollercoaster. Yeah the new steel rollercoaster has all the looped a loops and all the fancy twists and turns and it may be all shiny and flashy but, even still some just prefer the old wooden rollercoaster, it has a whole different kind of thrill that the new steel rollercoster just can’t reproduce. I shakes you it beats you up, it fells like it about to fall apart as you go speeding along.

I play UT2k4 but I’m starting to play more and more with the UTclassic mod on with all the twist and turns turned off. It just a personal preference.
            The carnage seems more up close and personal with the UTclassic mod. I sure hope they include it in the UT2007 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sm@ck
              1. GFX = $499.00 USD ( I'm Canadian )

2. RAM 1GB = $123 USD

3. MB = $123 USD

4. UT2007 = $70 USD

Total = $815 USD = $977.157

So there you go. Exageration? nooooo
              Well, here in Mexico, those are cheap prices :down:

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
                Think of it this way… UT99 is the old style wooden rollercoaster. UT2k4 is a new steel rollercoaster. Yeah the new steel rollercoaster has all the looped a loops and all the fancy twists and turns and it may be all shiny and flashy but, even still some just prefer the old wooden rollercoaster, it has a whole different kind of thrill that the new steel rollercoster just can’t reproduce. I shakes you it beats you up, it fells like it about to fall apart as you go speeding along.

I play UT2k4 but I’m starting to play more and more with the UTclassic mod on with all the twist and turns turned off. It just a personal preference.
                The carnage seems more up close and personal with the UTclassic mod. I sure hope they include it in the UT2007 game.

great analogy iron12, that was excellent. :up:

for crying out loud, its not about bringing ut back, but returning the franchise back to the KING of first person shooters by including glorious aspects of each generation of UT that made the series memorable, distinguishable, and brilliant.

By combing fast-paced gameplay (UT99), one-of-a-kind player movement (UT2003), blended with an optional twist of vehicle combat (UT2004), your adding all the winning aspects of the unreal franchise. you take what works and build on it, making the supreme creation which is dubbed: UT2K7.

I trust epic, and I think they are doing the right things. UT2007 WILL be one of the greatest gaming products ever, so stop being so judgemental about it and read my sig.

Comment

UT had something that was really special. Any one of the thousands who used to stay up way too late playing will tell you so. Luckily I've found that magic again with VCTF, it's not the same but but it's **** close. I wish other 2k4 players could find it too I really do think Epic can capture what got us all addicted so many years ago when they make 2k7. They know what we want and I know they're working hard to give it to us. UT had a personal quality for those who just like to play and have fun and the competitive side was awesome and is still going strong.

You could wave to your friends, it had great taunts, you could feign feath and you could gib dead bodies. When you ran you looked like you were running not galloping and you couldn't make it across the whole map with 2 wall dodges. On the competetive side it was easy to set up matches with no outside mods and you could move through maps without sticking to things. It was and still is a perfect game. I'm betting we're going to get another soon

Comment

Well, the point of making UT2004 more like UT99 is the same as the point of making UT2004 more like Q3, or CS, or Donkey Kong.

When you get done making UT2004 more like any of those games, you're not going to have either UT2004 or the other game... you're going to have a game that's mostly like UT2004 with some features from whatever.

And what's the point of doing that? Well, if it's not to show off your l33t modding skills, it's probably to have fun.

Comment

I personally like UT2004 better than the original. I felt that UT2004 added a level of challenge that was much needed. The first UT was a fantastic gameplay experience, but a bit too easy, and I didn't get the same rush playing it as I do UT2k4 (I didn't play the first one online though). The second one makes fighting an oppenent a bit more fun because you have options. Its fun deciding on the fly if you should engage them close with the Flak Cannon or hit them from a range with the Shock Rifle. With the exception of the Assualt Rifle and Ligthing Gun, I really like UT2k4's weapons better.

Then we have Onslaught, witch justifies UT2k4 by itself. Its the best thing ever to happen to Unreal Tournament (IMO.) The vehicles wen't above and beyond the trademark boring "tank, jeep, plane, etc" and created some of the most bad ***** death machines you will ever drive in a video game. I also thinks it is alot of fun to fight people on wide open maps, because sometimes a break is needed from the closed in DM arenas. I also love the how it keeps the lighting fast gameplay, but also makes macthes last a long time.

With that being said, the next UT looks like it will be the best yet.

Comment

discord that might be true of a mutator or simple mod but a full conversion is meant to completely change several aspects of the way the game looks and is played. would you say Red Orchestra is mostly like UT2004? neither will UTR be.. it's not just a "UTClassic" thing, it will have the characters, sounds, HUD, textures, weapons, etc etc of UT, only with much more quality. The only similarity will be that it benefits from the same engine & patches, a working stats system (for the most part), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by {BL}Berserker
                          discord that might be true of a mutator or simple mod but a full conversion is meant to completely change several aspects of the way the game looks and is played. would you say Red Orchestra is mostly like UT2004? neither will UTR be.. it's not just a "UTClassic" thing, it will have the characters, sounds, HUD, textures, weapons, etc etc of UT, only with much more quality. The only similarity will be that it benefits from the same engine & patches, a working stats system (for the most part), etc.
                          Yeah, but threadstarter didn't say anything about a TC.

Semantics aside, though, I'm really hoping UTR will get released (and be quality). Why? Oldschool gameplay + newschool gfx = teh win!

Provided it can be pulled off, that is...

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
                            I also thinks it is alot of fun to fight people on wide open maps, because sometimes a break is needed from the closed in DM arenas.
                            True, but what I wish to see, is a fraghouse on some (or all) of those large maps.

"ya said wat?" "wat did ya say noob?" "cheater!" "you cant say things like that of my mother" "*********a" "okayyy lets go to teh fraghouse!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
                              Most of it falls to Weapon balance and Graphic extras

Baiclly there was none and none, ok there was some wepaon balance, but the sniper was the most unfair in FPS hsitory, and people were ****** that they balanced it, it was faster, did not give you away ad the headshot hitbox was larger, which is also why CTF-Face is so popular, because people loved ebing able to gun poeple down with out much effort on their part (read spawn lockdown required two people...)

Also notied how many peopple that can run UT2004 with everything on don't? cause the concept of the enviroment actually contributing to gameplay is a sin to them

Seriously these people wnat:
                              1. A sniper rifle that fires at somewhere near the firerate of the minigun and does not puff smoke or have any beams, juts one shot and kill
                              2. Make the whole model a headshot hit box
                              3. one Cube map, a simple subtracted cube with a additive cube int he middle (to add z-axis)
                              4. The whole thing better run at 60000fps too.

Note some parts are sarcasm others are serious, your choice, you will probably disagree with me, but that is no less then I expect of those that actually do fall into the above :P
                              The sniper rifle wasent ballanced it was nerfed you cant just take the changes to the weapon you have to take into the accoutn scaling and player movment into account aswell...

Shock rifle 3 shots to kill
                              Sniper rifle 2 shots to kill

There are very few maps out there that the sniper rifle can be used and used to its fullest advantage and thanks t oveichles in Ons its pretty redundant so that removes the majority of large maps, the lightning rifle actually dishes out good damage against veichles...

the Ut2k4 sniper rifle holds a very small nische that other weapons already can fulfill better than the sniper rifle itself...

Comment

Originally posted by windigo
                                CTF- AndAction...
                                Instagib

I loved how easy it was to kill people in UT99, instagib or not.

some people complain about skill and blah blah blah

the easykills made for really fast gameplay
                                very true Ut2004 is a slower game it is a spammier game why because the weapons are less powerfull and that means you have to shoot people more times to get a kill..which in turn creates more spam...

UT was a fast paced kill and run game ,if you like the IMO more skilled versions like 2k3 and 2k4 hey thats cool but some people just play for fun and fragging and blowing stuff up is fun UT had that ...It is all good no matter what you play..have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X