enabling 64bit ut2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enabling 64bit ut2004

Ive been looking in various chat sites about enabling ut2004 in 64bit mode, there are many people with different views on this, the most comon is the latest patch enables if you install it on windows 64, can someone confirm this as im not sure if mine is operating at 32 bit or 64bit.

ut2k4 64bit isnt out yet in any way iirc

Comment

Linux only....

Comment

Right thanks for that, now to go look for a linux operating system as i have a need for speed

Comment

What's different from 32bit to 64bit?

Does it look better?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nevets
            What's different from 32bit to 64bit?

Does it look better?
            64bit means having a 64bit computer i think, will make the game run faster

Comment

I've not seen it in action but I've read articles about the linux 64 bit version, where they said it is sometimes slower than the 32bit due to some code or something not being optimised or missing totally, (could have been somethin along the lines of SSE not working I think)

I can't wait for the 64bit PC version tho, that is if they bother now that UT2k7 is on it's way.

Comment

It's called UT2007

Comment

The 64 bit Linux app use to runa bit slower supposedly cause of driver issues, I have not seen any benchmarks since but one would assume as the drivers become better so does the game speed

It does consistantly load faster though, sometimes in as little as half the time

Comment

Working...
                  X