This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force Model=Cheating?

I was in a server and someone asked if i force model and i do. then he says thats cheating. after i win by a large margin 3-4 times in a row he shuts down the whole server.
    what do you feel about force modeling? is it that much of a cheat?

all you need to do realy is change this in your ut2004 ini

[UnrealGame.DeathMatch]
    bForceDefaultCharacter=True

The hitboxes are the same, so it's not cheating.

Comment

Besides, forcing Gorge would require that you would play as Gorge. So, if you see me clearly, i'll see you clearly too. ^^

Comment

It's there to be used.
        Would've been nice if it was in the menus though.

Comment

Its FAR from a cheat, anyone thinking so is an idiot.

If force model is a cheat, then using those thin dark skin is cheating.

Does that make sense? Not for me.

And anyway, cheating in ut2004 is either : abusing some realy bad glitch (exemple : when you get outside of the actual map and you can shot people while they can't see you neither shoot you.)
          This, or using any external program.

Forcing model is built in ut2004, just not available in the menu. So its not a cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
            And anyway, cheating in ut2004 is either : abusing some realy bad glitch (exemple : when you get outside of the actual map and you can shot people while they can't see you neither shoot you.)
            This, or using any external program.
            I've said this a lot in the past: there's no strict definition of what's cheating and what not.
            Come up with a definition and I'll think of something that fits the definition and isn't cheating or something that doesn't fit the definition and is.
            Most people nowadays do think that changing the rolloff setting in the INI is cheating or at least very lame even though it's just an INI setting.

Comment

That was my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                I've said this a lot in the past: there's no strict definition of what's cheating and what not.
                Come up with a definition and I'll think of something that fits the definition and isn't cheating or something that doesn't fit the definition and is.
                Most people nowadays do think that changing the rolloff setting in the INI is cheating or at least very lame even though it's just an INI setting.
                whats that do?

Comment

Whoever thinks that forcing models is cheating is a freaking ****** and is just finding an excuse for getting their asses handed to them.

Comment

Boksha is right, there no clear definition of cheating, i think about as good as you can get without being lame is saying that simply breaking the EULA is cheating, which includes modifying core code files. Even so theres aimbots out there which add files rather than modify old ones.

Theres a lot of this "ini hacking" going around which is caused by peoples lack of understanding of the ini files and what they do.

Quite simply the ini files store game settings, if you make a change in the game menus it writes that change to the ini file so when you restart UT later on you still have those changes. Anything thats not in the menu you can change in the advanced preferences which you can access in game by typeing "preferences" into the console.

People just look for more and more excuses as to why they lost, the only rules you NEED to stick too are ones set by a server (which is just respectful to the bill payers) or if you join a league, again respectful to those who organise the league, in both cases you stand to lose something if you break what i call the "user defined" rules, if you dont like their rules then leave, simple as that.

If you join someone server and they dont want you using force model then respect their wishes or leave, or wait untill they kick you, its their right to decide what happens on their server.

Comment

If forcing models is a cheat, then why is UTComp so popular? :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Echohawk
                        If forcing models is a cheat, then why is UTComp so popular? :bulb:
                        Clearly UTComp supports cheating.

Comment

LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by DaniFilth
                            Clearly UTComp supports cheating.
                            lol... that'll be the day... i think i remember making a thread about turning off ambient sounds... man did i get responses.... ppl calling it lame to noobish to cheating just cuz the option wasn't available in the menus..... frankly i don't get it...

forcing model isn't giving anyone an advantage because everyone is getting that model... its not like it makes the person move slower or anything.... yeeesh....

Comment

this has been over and over and over again please stop it...

i obviously voted no

second of all, what is this? poll-month?

Comment

Working...
                              X