Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Custom Skin ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is your favorite Custom Skin ?

    Just curious

    I play usually with standard Skins (change all the time) but I used to play with Mr. Smith ...

    #2
    pretty sure this has been done before..but..

    the Martian is by far the best skin/model i've seen this go 'round..stopped using and pushing as it has karma issues..but is very well done..

    [shot]http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/src/img_models/pic2_id425.jpg[/shot]

    Comment


      #3
      Kouryuu.
      [SHOT]http://www.utzone.de/content/images/KouRyuu.jpg[/SHOT]

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
        Kouryuu.
        http://www.utzone.de/content/images/KouRyuu.jpg
        WTF??

        Link please

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Bort Simpson
          WTF??

          Link please
          Google is your friend

          http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=162361

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by utw-Mephisto
            Google is your friend

            http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=162361
            No, your my friend


            Thx for the link

            Comment


              #7
              [shot]http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/src/img_models/pic2_id400.jpg[/shot]

              Comment


                #8
                Angel Interceptor


                with my beloved LG, you will be missed :'(

                Comment


                  #9
                  I just installed the Kouryuu skin.
                  I have never used custom skins before.
                  Will they show up for other players when I am gaming on my server?

                  Do I have to also install the 3 files on the server, or just my PC?

                  Thanks, Corey

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Nightwish... search on skincity

                    im too lazy to give a link

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by CoreyT
                      I just installed the Kouryuu skin.
                      I have never used custom skins before.
                      Will they show up for other players when I am gaming on my server?

                      Do I have to also install the 3 files on the server, or just my PC?

                      Thanks, Corey

                      You need to put the files on your server too. BUT : The other player have to have the skin as well... You can push the skin to the clients.

                      http://unreal.epicgames.com/UT2003/tutorials/push/

                      Keep in mind, that when pushing content to a user, it doesn't INSTALL the content. That user will not be able to select or use the pushed model or skin. It's purpose is to allow the user to see other players using it. As a server admin, you should probably add a reference for downloading the model somewhere in your MOTD. Also, model content can grow to be fairly large (uncompressed, sending Beatrice and her skins takes close to 12 megs) so by pushing model content, you are probably restricting your server to high bandwidth players only.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by <=N1GHTW1SH=>
                        Nightwish... search on skincity

                        im too lazy to give a link
                        Unbelieveable




                        Nightwish

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Thanks Mephisto, I think I will just try it out when gaming myself.
                          I can see the problem when trying to "push" too much content to your clients.

                          I already have UT Comp 1.6a loaded, and also the Lea map and a few others.

                          No need to **** off more by making them wait to get into the server

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by CoreyT
                            Thanks Mephisto, I think I will just try it out when gaming myself.
                            I can see the problem when trying to "push" too much content to your clients.

                            I already have UT Comp 1.6a loaded, and also the Lea map and a few others.

                            No need to **** off more by making them wait to get into the server
                            True, I pushed a long time ago Mr.Smith to everybody connecting to the server, but I compiled it optional, so everybody had the choise to skip that download. Still not the best solution

                            Comment


                              #15
                              yep, there was a thread about this a few weaks ago:
                              [glow=green]Click on this [/glow]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X