This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2007 - '06 Release Expected, But Q1?

Stolen from planetunreal, as it seems not to many people visit it anymore...

IGN has put out another UT2007 preview as a result of the recent Games Convention in Germany - and with it come a number of new screenshots - but none of that can compare to what else is mentioned. A possible 1st Quarter release in 2006:

Epic is hoping to finish up Unreal Tournament 2007 and release it alongside Gears of War. That makes the game a Q1 - Q2 2006 release, which might even make it a PS3 launch title, if that ever gets officially confirmed.

That's a single quarter off from the Q4 2005 release of Q4, ironic redundancy not intended. Not only does that bring UT2007 about 9 months closer to us, but it also shortens the time-frame between the release of Quake IV and UT2007 to about 3 months, down from an expected year. It'll be 1999 all over again between the Quake and Unreal crows.

Potential flamewars aside, the new screenshots are - for the most part - much nicer quality versions of stuff we've seen in the past. They're definitely worth your time, though... and this new render of the shock-rifle is something we've not seen before (outside of a blurry, low-res, & overly dark .MOV, that is.)

I say Q2, Q3 if Mark says 2 weeks

Comment

that shock rifle looks absolutly massive in that screenshot, not the render, the screen shot of malcom holding it.

I just hope that they get the dodging animations right and the weapon visabitly to

I cant see this being 1999 all over again tho. CS and BF2 has stolen most of the crowd and i cant see people being converted over

Comment

Haha, I posted that like 10 seconds ago. You're a quicky. You got it even before I fixed my typo.

I cant see this being 1999 all over again tho. CS and BF2 has stolen most of the crowd and i cant see people being converted over
        I said "...between the Quake and Unreal crowds."

Comment

Wow.

Epic can really pump them out.

I better pre-order.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
            I better pre-order.
            I tried that last weekend when I went out to pre-order Quake 4, and they wouldn't let me pre-order UT2007 yet. :<

Maybe now that the ETA has changed, they will. I'm going out this weekend to pick up some PC parts and pay my bills, so I'll probably try again tonight or tommorow.

Comment

I hope there will be hardware fast enough to run the game smoothly at max settings the moment it's released.

I'm gonna buy a new pc for playing ut2007 the moment it's out, and it would be a waste of money to buy a pc that won't even run it smoothly with everything enabled.

So i hope NVIDIA will release a vidcard that's powerful enough just before the game is released (or earlier ofcourse :P)

Comment

finally new screenshots

that "ox" in the raptor sucks IMO

Comment

I need a new... Computer...
                  Im not going to get that sort of money that quick.

Someone slow them down...

Comment

Hopefully my new computer won't be osbolete by then. I just got a 3500+ and a 6600GT two months ago, and I'm not planning on touching either of those for another 2 years. The only planned upgrade is getting the new Seagate 300 mb/s SATA2 drives that they announced.

Also, has anyone said when the Novodex Physics procs are coming out? Hopefully this won't really need one that bad, and I pray it doesn't need a dual-core (but i'd bet it'd run sweet since 360 is multi-core)

Comment

I was hoping for more time so I could get a decent video card. Probably 2k4 on an Intel chipset isn't fun :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
                        Admittedly I'm alternating between BF2, amongst random MMORPGs.

BF2 is actually quite fun hehe. Eherm, but UT pwns it.

I'm really hoping for quite a few differences in gameplay for UT2007 though.

It feels as if the focus of the gaming world is shifting slowly more and more towards MMOG style play. BF2 allows you to "level up" your rank. This is done by "grinding" on ranked servers.
                        UT2007 will let you "stream" straight onto the next map.

Anyways, I'll buy UT2007 when it comes out and I'm pretty sure over 90% of the people posting here will too. But whether it'll be my main game as its always been on release, I cant say.

pssst, your on my MSN list Happy_Hamburger infact you've been on it for ages rofl.

Comment

Q4 ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniFilth
                            Q4 ftw.
                            I'll actually get Q4, but only because I expect it to be popular and I've gotten a bit tired of playing only one game at a time.
                            UT2k7 will still be the main thing for me if it'll be as good as I expect it to be. (which is as good as UT2k4 or better only with more players)

(and Fishthrower's still on my MSN list as well... although usually I'm online like once a year or so )

Comment

quake4 vs. UT2k7 will be good. both games will draw in old and new gamers. quake for being the first Quake game in 5 years, and having all this hype, and so far shaping up to be the finest incarnation of skill-based deathmatch yet (which everybody deep down wants to play occaisonally ), and is gonna have a great single player campaign for HL2/FEAR/Doom3 fans.

ut2k7 on the other hand has a freaking AMAZING graphics engine, should be more fun and relaxing like ut99 and will have the usual hordes of content/quantitative team gameplay this series is known for.

they will both sell well. i think epic should delay UT until spring though...i don't see why they would want to hurt sales of both their product and id's product just by releasing early. if they wait until march that'd be perfect timing. quake4 will start slowing down in sales and ut2k7 can grab all those buyers who have had enough time to get $$ to dump on another game and might have gotten quake out of their system. also better computer parts at cheaper prices...unless they are making console their primary platform, this game is going to own everybody's machines, since its more hardware-intensive than Doom 3/Quake 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X