UT2004 Single Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Single Player

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the single player tournament for UT2004?

I would really like to know if it is going to be similiar to UT and far away from UT2003. I hope they actually take some time to make a nice off-line game. That's one of the main features that made UT such a great game. It had awesome single player and multiplayer

I'm hoping for a good singleplayer as well. It would be nice to have bots as good as the superbots mutator. Also a 1on1 ladder would be cool, in addition to a pure deathmatch/ctf/ddom/etc ladders.

Comment

I didn't find the UT single player to be much more than the UT2003 single player.

Both pretty much just put you against the computer in various matches 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, etc..

Other than that Tutorial Map.

But there wasn't really a super story mode like Unreal or Unreal 2.

I think they've pretty much made it clear that they are keeping single player mode in the Unreal series, and multiplayer in the Unreal Tournament series.

Whether or not that is the best idea I'm not too sure.. I think it would have been better combined as one game.

Comment

The ULTIMATE IDEA, posted long ago.

you START as a prison inmate, or a miner, or something else lowly with no future. You have your first tornys there.

you move up from there, all the while small cut scenes, etc tie it together.

Wouldn't be hard, and would be 100% UT universe, and would give SP a STORY, however little of one it may be.

Comment

Yeah, i'd love to see a UT style single player too. Ut2k3's SP was seriously rushed and didn't do the game any justice. Infact, i'll even go as far as to say it was one of the big things that let the game down (when you consider that less than 5% of people who bought the game play it online.) Don't forget that first impressions count, and the SP was less than impressive...

I had UT with a very poor connection, but I still played it for years due to the great single player action, and a bit of online CTF when my ISP was happy to give me a sub 500 ping.

Comment

WOW I COMPLEATLY FORGOT TO MENTION SINGAL PLAEYR IN ANY OF MY ARTICLES ,my bad....

They said that it was much more labor intensive meaning the salery and trade aspects were more influencial in 2004 and I think they even said their would be some sort of injury hazard:bulb: hummmm

Zen

Comment

Now if they could somehow combine the style, polish and logetivity of the UT single player and combine it with the (enhanced) 2k3 elements such as stats and trade. Why, truly UT2k4 would be a force to be reckoned with!

Comment

Well I hope the single player takes longer to beat than the single player in UT2003. And for God sake don't make me fight Malcolm,Lauren,or Brock or any other 1v1 battles to win the tournament. That was just plain stupid.

Comment

Mark:
                  'single player ladder is being completely redone to make you not only a player but also a team manager with winnings and losings and free agents you can deploy. It's pretty cool and definitely a lot better than the 2003 edition.'

Comment

This is the reason why UT2K4 will not be as good as Halo.

In fact Halo is the best FPS all - round currently.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyC0unt
                      This is the reason why UT2K4 will not be as good as Halo.

LOL...Halo will be forgotten after UT2004 is released. Halo is too slow and there is no custom content. You can't even make a map in Halo. It will surely die a quick death next year. The UT2004 community will be overrun with Halo/BF1942 players. It will be a huge community.

Comment

:weird:

ummm..... no.

Comment

Originally posted by loafman211
                          :weird:

ummm..... no.
                          I do not believe it is a matter of hope it simply is going to happen. It will take about a year after realease for the community to really reach full size.

Comment

Originally posted by X0n3r0g
                            LOL...Halo will be forgotten after UT2004 is released.
                            HALO will be forgotten when XMP is released... never mind UT2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyC0unt
                              This is the reason why UT2K4 single player will not be as good as Halo single player.

Comment

Working...
                              X