No announcement yet.

UT2004 Single Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark reai said that the SP in UT2004 was bein completely re done and that it would be much much better than the last one, i also THINK (dont quote me) that money could be involved

Comment

UT's single player "campaign" might be better than UT2003's but that doesnt make it good. For me the SP in UT works as a tutorial rather than a SP-experience like you would get from other games. Sure there was a story behind it, but you didnt care, you just wanted to progress to the next map and practice... Now with UT2003 you I already knew the basics so SP wasnt really something I wanted to play... I think UT's was more usefull in that way, the tutorials was much much better than the ones in UT2003...

Make UT2004 SP put more emphasis on learning to game so the players arent totally lost ones they play online to get the full UT-experience... One thing is for sure, I, and I think many others, dont buy UT2003 and expecting an awesome singleplayercampaign with great story and characters...

But I did like Xan as the final boss much better than Malcom

Comment

are you telling me the 1st time you did the campaign you didnt use malcom :weird:

malcom is the peoples champ!, although still i agree, was a lil lame to have him as the boss, but still iwas happy for him

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
          Do we get to define our own variants of this new ladder ?
          And what about support for new/different maps or characters to use in the SP-part after it's been released ?
          I doubt it will be supported out of the box, but it's something I always wanted to do at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial
            Aside from the awful map selection (last map Sepentine? WTF?) UT2003's single player WAS UT's single player. It's a ladder. Period, end of story.

UT2004's single player is quite a bit better. It's not so linear, there's money and some team management and so on. It'll be much more enjoyable than UT/UT2003's single player.
            When I said UT 'style' what I was really referring to was the sheer flow and polish of it all. UT actually made you feel like you were getting somewhere, the trophey scenes were great and gave a real sense of achievement. Not only that, but the matches were sufficiently difficult and lasted a reasonable time, and although xan was hard to beat, he wasn't damned near impossible.

Over to UT2k3 where the single player ladder seems tacked on, the tropheys might as well not even have been included. The team matches are STUPIDLY short and I managed to complete the entire thing in only a few hours (save for the malcolm one which I had to camp a lift shaft to stand a chance at winning) The selection of maps (as you well pointed out) were rubbish and the trade system was so linear and pointless, they might as well have scrapped it.

I have faith that Epic will do/have done a great job on the UT2k4 single player, I just wanted to clarify my position, and vent a little steam I suppose

Comment

I would like single player similar to Unreal, not UT

Btw, would it be an awful lot of work to make the Unreal maps work in UT2003/UT2004? Would be fun to play Unreal with UT2003/4 weapons!

/Kronon

Comment

Originally posted by Kronon
                I would like single player similar to Unreal, not UT

Btw, would it be an awful lot of work to make the Unreal maps work in UT2003/UT2004? Would be fun to play Unreal with UT2003/4 weapons!

/Kronon
                No one did this for UT2003, TMK, with UT weapons so I doubt it can be done without alot of work.

I hope the single player doesn't show how many missions you have to complete to win the tournament. It makes it more interesting for the next level to be a '?' and for the gametypes that are locked to appear once you unlock them.

Comment

Working...
                X