X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea fire C. thats what I meant.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by NachoUK
      Yeah, i'd love to see a UT style single player too.
      Aside from the awful map selection (last map Sepentine? WTF?) UT2003's single player WAS UT's single player. It's a ladder. Period, end of story.

UT2004's single player is quite a bit better. It's not so linear, there's money and some team management and so on. It'll be much more enjoyable than UT/UT2003's single player.

Comment

God, I hope it's better. UT2003 single player is the worst I've ever played. Even Unreal1's single player deathmatch was more fun, and that was with unbelievably dumb bots.

I played UT offline for a couple years. I didn't play UT2003 offline for more than 2 weeks.

They have a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial
          Aside from the awful map selection (last map Sepentine? WTF?) UT2003's single player WAS UT's single player. It's a ladder. Period, end of story.

UT2004's single player is quite a bit better. It's not so linear, there's money and some team management and so on. It'll be much more enjoyable than UT/UT2003's single player.
          how about injuries, how do they work?

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
            how about injuries, how do they work?
            right.....

heres how injuries work in unreal -> shoot the guy in the head and wait for him to respawn. good as new!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh27
              right.....

heres how injuries work in unreal -> shoot the guy in the head and wait for him to respawn. good as new!
              *cough*

Originally posted by zenmaster86
              [SIZE=4]
              They said that it was much more labor intensive meaning the salery and trade aspects were more influencial in 2004 and I think they even said their would be some sort of injury hazard:bulb: hummmm
              *cough*

Comment

Im hoping for a good into like UT had! That intor with malcom's team facing brock was good.. but it had its limits :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
                  Im hoping for a good into like UT had! That intor with malcom's team facing brock was good.. but it had its limits :bulb:
                  ya, a better outro too

Comment

eh...

SP for me is fighting the bots... but if there was story, i think Invasion could play a crucial part in it... INV has so much potential it's ridiculous

btw, will they give us some unique monsters for Invasion in 2004?

Comment

AFAIK we never could switch players, set the default 'tactics' or get a new player once in a while ... other then that it definitely was identical

Do we get to define our own variants of this new ladder ?
                      And what about support for new/different maps or characters to use in the SP-part after it's been released ?

Comment

you START as a prison inmate
                        I'd like the idea that you start as Prisoner 849 (or whatever the number was), who had finally escaped after "Unreal - Return to Na Pali" and needs to make some living with something he could do really well... ...and after his/her two visits on Na Pali it would be his/her best choice to join the tourney.

Just an idea, though...

Comment

I like the prisoner being brought into the tourney.

First few rounds, you 1v1 some other potentials to guage your skills. Beat one guy to move on to the next.

After that you get recruited into a team as a plain warrior, you dont have any say in who your teammates are, or which games you will be playing. You could get transfer requests to other teams if you really shine in a match.

Once you have played a number of matches in all gametypes. finally you become a team captain, and get to pick your team from a bunch of recruits. A SIMPLE money system for buying/selling players, perhaps gaining money from playing superior teams, and gaining honour for accepting challenges from lesser teams.

There could be a number of 'ladders' you can choose to participate in. An IG ladder, NW, CTF,DDOM,AS, etc

Either that or something similar to the Q3 single palyer, that was nice and simple. Each round could have one or two DM,CTF,TDM,DDOM,AS,ONS level. Finish each of them and move on to the next round (or finish 75% of them to progress, in case people cant do a certain level).

Comment

where is the IMO at the end of your post after all that is all it is ...you spout facts with no backup like a dragon spits fire ... why do you Hate UT so much ???? and yes it really shows.

and to be honest no it was not UT's single player it was cheesy and stupid but mostly cheesy..at least UT99's had the trophy's and the cut scenes...but then theis is just MY OPINION!

Comment

There was nothing really that awesome about UT's single player ...

I just had cool tutorials, thats about it. The rest was just a little arrow pointing to the next map, wow thats deep. OH YAH, UT was a better game, that helps SP out a lot.

Comment

Aside from the awful map selection (last map Sepentine? WTF?) UT2003's single player WAS UT's single player.
                                There was assault and more maps in each gametype. UT2003 has 5 or 6 in each column and a crappy story. The xan robots were awesome. You actually got a flyby of the trophy room instead of some sh1tty picture. They should use that same UT trophy room only better graphics with the same music:up:

Comment

Working...
                                X