Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Everyone Spend money on Mice and Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Everyone Spend money on Mice and Pads?

In the last week or so there have been countless posts about gaming mice such as the mx518, one of those new razers (diamondback, copperhead watever). Does everyone have one of these things? I have a simple $20, prolly $12 now, microsoft optical mouse and a belkin cloth mousepad. Does anyone else use just a generic optical?

Im going to buy diamond back + steelpad S&S pad + a new chair + a new monitor + a new pc .

Quite a lot of stuff to buy for me heh

Comment

$7 logitech here with no mouse pad

Comment

i want a new mouse pad i'm happy with mouse until i come across LOADS of money or it breaks

Comment

A good mouse is just a waste of money if the rest of your system isn't up to snuff (not to mention the skill level you play at). If you're mouse laggin' along on a slow system or a bad connection or both then a good mouse and pad will do nothing for you. You don't put a 6800 Ultra video card in a system and chug it down with a 1Ghz processor and 256Mb of ram. Try and keep a good balance accross the board (the quality of the rest of your system + the skill level you play at - if you're a n00b with a **** system and/or connection then a top-end mouse and pad will do nothing for you but make your wallet a little thinner. If you're and ok player progressively getting better and have a decent system and connection then you will no doubt see the benefit of a good mouse like a Mx518)

BTW, I use a Mx518 + fUnc surface 1030.

Comment

Originally posted by m5gime
            A good mouse is just a waste of money if the rest of your system isn't up to snuff (not to mention the skill level you play at). If you're mouse laggin' along on a slow system or a bad connection or both then a good mouse and pad will do nothing for you. You don't put a 6800 Ultra video card in a system and chug it down with a 1Ghz processor and 256Mb of ram. Try and keep a good balance accross the board (the quality of the rest of your system + the skill level you play at - if you're a n00b with a **** system and/or connection then a top-end mouse and pad will do nothing for you but make your wallet a little thinner. If you're and ok player progressively getting better and have a decent system and connection then you will no doubt see the benefit of a good mouse like a Mx518)

BTW, I use a Mx518 + fUnc surface 1030.
            or people might want to do whatever they want with their *****.
            oh lets not put a nice CD player on a crappy toyota corolla, after all, its a cheap car, you cant race it, and it looks weak

Comment

i wouldn't waste the $200 for a good CD player on my POS corolla. i'm content to use an FM transimtter on my mp3 player to complement my $400 of furious corolla.

Comment

some people might not be able to afford a better car, and they still want to listen to some tunes in style.

Comment

i use a stock dell mouse and a REALLY old mouse pad for "Advant Computers"

i have never tried any gamer stuff but i never get any trouble from what stuff i have

if i somehow get a bunch of money to spend on quality items like MX5**s i'll get back to you

Comment

if you're driving a car like mine, there's not a CD player in the world that would allow you to listen in style. .

Comment

I enjoy my Diamondback Plasma. My old MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 was great, but they don't quite make it the same way anymore. The last MS mouse I tried didn't have a mousewheel with a nice positive "click." The Diamondback has a pretty good click, not too light, not too heavy.

As for a mousepad, I prefer not to use one. At work I've got one of the old MS Intellimouses that I like and I just use my table top. At home, since my desk is glass, I had to get a pad. I just got a big black desk mat from Office Depot. I never run out of space, it tracks well, and it wasn't too expensive.

Comment

Re: Does Everyone Spend money on Mice and Pads?

Originally posted by Gibson5469
                        Does anyone else use just a generic optical?
                        All the generic optical mice I've ever tried couldn't handle the speed I move the mouse in desktop applications, let alone in-game. :bulb:
                        As such, I didn't have much choice when I wanted an optical mouse. (ball mice started to annoy me to no end with all the cleaning and frustration)

Comment

Of course I do, I don't steal...

Comment

I got a mx518 but my current desk sucks spacewise so not usin my mousepad. the mousepads best feature IMO is that it's one large uncluttered space. On a desk, you're tempted to put things on it. Why would you put your drink on your mousepad?

I also have a n52 Speedpad which I enjoy using.

Comment

Yu nid e maus wich dasnt skip. Thets oll. Wich wan it is cant be sad, sins it depends from a byuld-in sensor( or boll)

Comment

Working...
                              X