vCTF Servers out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vCTF Servers out there

I have been playing vCTF (and CTF for that matter) off and on between getting my **** handed to me in ONS games... anyway, help me out naming a few vCTF and CTF servers in the US (or outside where you seem to have a decent ping rate) to play. I consider myself an average player and as much as I would like do not have the time to join a clan.

Stats - Used to mean a good bit to me but now does really do not at all thus that option means little.

Player Mix - Do not care at all but I usually enjoy games where there are more players than 4v4 (or similar) type games.

Any help would be appreciated.

First all, the good CTF servers are demo servers, so...
    For VCTF there are a few:
    [ut2004]24.13.224.12[/ut2004]
    [ut2004]216.15.224.130[/ut2004]
    [ut2004]82.165.252.52:7887[/ut2004]
    [ut2004]64.27.10.85[/ut2004]

Comment

Well, you are welcome to check out our first server at Reaper's Bane which runs VCTF wide open almost 95% of the time, (except this second when it is on Assault of all things) though gametypes are obviously votable, and every so often it ends up on ONS etc. It has a pretty wide selection of maps for VCTF and generally a pretty decently skilled bunch on, though as in any pub, that is subject to change from moment to moment.

It is a fairly relaxed environment, you won't be banned for saying "n00b" or "doody" in a casual sense like in some other venues, and yet we do not allow abuse or much beyond general good natured trash talking. We try to stay in that happy middle where you actually have "fun" (oh noes, not that!) something some places seem to forget about. It is east coast based and the IP is in my sig.

Comment

Bic Fat Jimmy's
        One of the best, tho you may have trouble actually getting in depending on the time of day
        16 man limit with 3 spec slots

Comment

other than fat jimmy's i would say the DXII server

plenty of people there, i believe its a 14 man 2 spec. not alot of manta runs which is a thing that i don't miss when i'm there, server run out of St. Louis so lag shouldn't be a problem if you are in the US. the maps usually played are AgressiveAlleyways, ActionCity, Stairwells, AardvarkLaunch, Doughnut, and sometimes BloodGulch and Torlan

Comment

Best "Vanilla" VCTF server would be the DXII(Just watch yourself very closely) or one of the ACDC servers.

Best Non-Vanilla is Fat Jimmys(Uses the Chutes mod)

Comment

Thank you all, plan on doing this some of this weekend. :up:

Comment

Fat Jimmys: 64.94.100.70 Great time

CHeck out the ACDC servers too.

Comment

Originally posted by usahoppy
                  Best "Vanilla" VCTF server would be the DXII(Just watch yourself very closely) or one of the ACDC servers.

Best Non-Vanilla is Fat Jimmys(Uses the Chutes mod)
                  Teh Manta Run Banz. :sour:

Comment

If you want something with more muts you can try [ut2004]66.90.100.102:9797[/ut2004]

Fat Jimmy's is great though....:up:

Comment

I am going to end up being nothing but a stain on some wall in the map... I see that now.

Comment

Well, even though I lost just about every game this weekend in vCTF it was 10 times more entertaining than ONS. Thanks to all that suggested servers to play.

Comment

Working...
                        X