This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wickedsteve
    I don't think timing is cheap at all. To me it is kinda like knowing a map real familiar. It is knowledge that gives power available to anyone who seeks it. I don't do it because I am not that competitive and play mostly ONS. I can't blame someone else for knowing details of the game and using that to an advantage. All I can do is hope to learn the same things. Put in enough hours and you are either noticing things like that or ignoring them.
    good post:up:

Comment

In my opinion it's not cheap at all. It is a skill, anyone who says it's not probrably can't do it very well or doesn't want to have to learn that skill because they feel it isn't a fun skill to use during play. I'm sure there are going to be some people who claim it is cheap or even cheating, and I think that is about as far as we will get, no matter how much logic one uses, no one will change their mind. To that person that said since it isn't in the manual so it's cheap, well maybe it's not however any really skilled Quake player would learn the spawn times pretty quickly and really it would probrably only take anyone that wants to find the spawn times 5 minutes to find it manually for each item if they just start up a local game. It's pretty common knowlege on the internet and on this forum, and if someone doesn't know the times and asks, unless it's a busy DM pub they will probrably get a correct answer. If it is on a busy DM pub someone will probrably answer once the game is over. So the whole idea that it's not in the manual so it's an unfair tactic is really not valid, I mean it doesn't say in the manual where all the guns are located in each map, it's expected that people will find that out through playing.

To all the people that prefer no powerups because they feel that is how DM was meant to be played, well they did make a mod for that and if thats the way you prefer to play thats fine with me, but if that is the way you want to play don't go on a normal DM server and complain that people are using cheap tactics.

Comment

Working...
      X