UT40K First Public Beta Released! [Mirrors and Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rochin
    41.6kb per second ? thats what i am getting. I get 112kb per second on smelly old fileplanet.
    `

strange - you're the first person i know of to get speeds lower than their maximum possible!

where in the world are you may i ask (not that it should matter really ..)

Comment

Some where in Texas. My max download is around 112 kb per second. File planet usually gets the max. This site is about half. Still use the unreal.ie site cause i dont have to wait in line.

Comment

That's interesting - I wonder what could be causing that...

No doubt it's a bad routing to the server, but still..

Ah I dunno, at least you're still using it

Comment

Well, I've just began playing it:

+ vehicle quality
          + vehicle handling
          + vehicle looks
          + vehicle usefullness
          ++ vehicle coolness
          - player skins
          + player animation
          - weapon textures
          + weapon fire modes (most of them)
          - weapon usefullness
          + weapon coolness
          - main menu
          -- server browser (horrific)

Conclusion, it's lovely! 8/10.

Comment

thanks evil<3 thats dedication to the cause pop over to our forum some time I just hope i don't get any trouble cos of the mirror as we're hosted by gamespy/fileplanet and they don't like things like that sorry
            no i haven't tested it online due to the small team and time zones
            if you can't run the mod try running the utcompiler in the ut40k/systems folder.
            Please guys post reports on our forum as i really don't have time to check every where cheers geodav

Comment

Originally posted by geodav
              thanks evil<3 thats dedication to the cause pop over to our forum some time I just hope i don't get any trouble cos of the mirror as we're hosted by gamespy/fileplanet and they don't like things like that sorry
              no i haven't tested it online due to the small team and time zones
              if you can't run the mod try running the utcompiler in the ut40k/systems folder.
              Please guys post reports on our forum as i really don't have time to check every where cheers geodav
              `

If the mirror is indeed a problem, then I'll remove it.
              But I simply detest download systems that require a user to be logged in.
              I really hate it.

Also - the public/private thing annoys me.

Also - the sheer amount of pointless images and advertisements annoy me.

Also - There's no such thing as a direct-link

Also ..... yadda yadda yadda
              </rant>

Comment

I liked it so far, until I saw it... Those animations..
                Then I was like "Sweet Holy Hell, Someone gouge out my eyes!! T_T"

Really, those running-anims are AWFUL. The rest of the mod pretty much rocks already, but... just... Blergh... :bulb:

Comment

i know i know, but thats the price for free hosting/ftp/forum otherwise we nearly lost the lot, keep it unless i say ok

Comment

Originally posted by geodav
                    i know i know, but thats the price for free hosting/ftp/forum otherwise we nearly lost the lot, keep it unless i say ok
                    no problem at all - it's always good to help the community.

Comment

First off - Sweet baby jeebus in a Landspeeder! Yay!
                      I've been keeping an eye on this mod since I heard about it, I'm so glad it's come to a (beta) release, it's much sooner that I'd imagined. This truly has made my day.

I've been a 40K player for years now & yeah, all the liscenced 40K shooters tend to suck, witness the travesty that was fire warrior.
                      Looking at the sceeenshots it looks gourgous, I assume it's based on the Onslaught gametype? I only hope that servers start to host games using it soon.

I'd always hoped to see a 40K type mod, ever since I found the UT99 models for the 40K races. Having Marines, Orks, Battle Sisters, Eldar & whatnot running around using Flak Cannon & Bio-Rifles was a bit werid though, plus the fact all players must usally have the same health/armour & access to all the same weapons, unlike 40K.

Hell, I already use the Space Marine/Neomagi player model anyway, have done since I first played UT2003.

Originally posted by zoro
                      `
                      ..I simply detest download systems that require a user to be logged in.
                      I really hate it.

Also - the public/private thing annoys me.

Also - the sheer amount of pointless images and advertisements annoy me.

Also - There's no such thing as a direct-link

Also ..... yadda yadda yadda
                      </rant>
                      Hell yeah. I tried to use dodgit.com last night to con the login system at (tries to remember) I think it was Filefront or Gamershell, something like that..
                      I can't abide having to register just for a single one-off download, plus most of thise bloody sites deliberately prevent you from resuming your interrupted downloads, so if you're on an unstable connection (like I am) you can kiss the download goodbye, since you're very lucky to be able to download it in one go.

*goes off to tell as many other 40kplayers as he can find..*

Comment

LasCannon -> Space Marine -> Boom -> CTD! :bulb: :up:

Saw it bugged on the main forum, so no biggie there..

Comment

this is fun lol just wish..... uh... great I forgot what I wanted.... oh yeah just wish this worked with aireal view for some third person action. That and I can't seem to get into vechiles sometimes. uh keep up the good work though!

Comment

we're looking into the vehicle problem and getting close to a quick fix for the karma problem, the mod hasn't been tested with other mut's basically cos 1 i don't use any 2 i don't have time 3 seeing as this mod will be a TC you shouldn't really use anything else(could cause artifical problems)
                            anyway glad your having fun cheers Geodav

Comment

would it be possible to add a third person over the shoulder view in as an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Drag00n
                                would it be possible to add a third person over the shoulder view in as an option?
                                :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X