[OT] Sunbeamtech BlueFlame Illuminated Optical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Sunbeamtech BlueFlame Illuminated Optical

I just got this a couple days ago on Newegg, very cheap and great accuracy. The blue light is pretty bright too, might be a bad thing for some people, but I needed a night light anyways

One thing I really like about it is it has a more standard mouse shape, as opposed to the Logitech mice, which I agree are more suited for gaming probably with far more buttons and such, but I really didn't wan't all that, and never really liked the shape of them.

I havn't used it with UT yet but GunZ gave me a much much noticable improvement in my accuracy from my old mouse (old mouse wasn't 800dpi, scroll wheel opical sensor was dead, lmb was messed up)

I wish I could replace the blue LED with a pink one though

Anyone else have one of these? Would you suggest an illuminated keyboard to accompany it?

Re: [OT] Sunbeamtech BlueFlame Illuminated Optical

Originally posted by Sailor_Saturn
    I just got this a couple days ago on Newegg, very cheap and great accuracy. The blue light is pretty bright too, might be a bad thing for some people, but I needed a night light anyways

One thing I really like about it is it has a more standard mouse shape, as opposed to the Logitech mice, which I agree are more suited for gaming probably with far more buttons and such, but I really didn't wan't all that, and never really liked the shape of them.

I havn't used it with UT yet but GunZ gave me a much much noticable improvement in my accuracy from my old mouse (old mouse wasn't 800dpi, scroll wheel opical sensor was dead, lmb was messed up)

Anyone else have one of these? Would you suggest an illuminated keyboard to accompany it?
    Its soo glowy..if I had one of those, I would get distracted and sit there in awe of its majesty and wouldn't be able to concentrate on UT.

Cool mouse.

Comment

Would never use it full time but at a LAN party it would be awesome.

Comment

Re: [OT] Sunbeamtech BlueFlame Illuminated Optical

These guys are helping to make your dreams come true, but in the meantime since there are no pink LEDs, you may have to settle for a red LED and a white LED used in conjunction. Unsolder the blue one and then gang the red and white together. That ought to make pink LED light. If it does not, then gang the blue LED together with them, but throttle the voltage of the blue LED down to something low like 1.3V with the help of a resistor.

-he who stacks pork

Comment

My friend bought a Razer Diamondback mouse the other day (the SE Plasma Blue version) and he gave a lot of light too, just like yours but I think it gets a bit annoying at times.

It gets very warm in the palm of your hand, it has great accuracy and all, but I don't like playing with it.

/me hugs Microsoft Intellimouse

Comment

I have a diamondback plasma le, it does not get warm, what r u talking about? the blue led looks killer with my saitek eclipse keyboard.

Comment

This does feel slightly warmer than my old mouse, not really noticable though. It doesn't distract me being so bright and all. I'll check out that LED link

I'm no electrician but I could probably handle that, this was a real bargain anyways if I mess it up, great quality for the price, not to mention style

Comment

This does feel slightly warmer than my old mouse, not really noticable though. It doesn't distract me being so bright and all. I'll check out that LED link

I'm no electrician but I could probably handle that, this was a real bargain anyways if I mess it up, great quality for the price, not to mention style
                Every modder has to start somewhere Kassandra.

Comment

true lol

Comment

That's pretty sick. SunbeamTech is my favorite case mod brands. I own a Sunbeam case, 5 Sunbeam fans, 4 Sunbeam CCFLs, and soon a Sunbeam Keyboard.

I think they do a great job at making things light up, but not make it all
                    Vegas-style.

I'd highly suggest getting one of the Sunbeam illuminated keyboards. Just head over to http://www.sunbeamtech.com/ and pick one out. Then go to either Newegg or Xoxide and buy it.

Comment

Whew, I gotta say some of that stuff is neat! +10 for SunBeamTech for having awesome stuff. I might have to get that full size keyboard... lol

Comment

Only two buttons?

Comment

I dont trust sunbeam anymore.

I got about 15~ modding related stuff from them. 3 of which have died on me. One of thouse was a round ide cable with a "lightstrip" the ac-dc converter it used (connected to a molex) fused and burned. Caused some major issues with my PSU and made several of my components work dodgey for a long time. My secondary harddrive stopped making funny sounds weeks after it happend... And my ram still at times create random memory access violations. Tests haven't shown any concrete data on it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                            Only two buttons?

3, and I have no use really for 8 buttons, especially since i don't even play 2k4 anymore lol

---

@Krill3, yeah, I was a bit skeptical too because I wasn't familure with the namebrand, but so far it seems and feels like quality, sorry to hear you had bad luck with them.

Comment

Working...
                            X