This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to TAM - Everywhere else comes to bad experiences

I started playing TAM a bit, under foreign name, because I was sure I would come across some a** like in most other official gametype.

I like TDM, but searching for a good tdm server is a real nightmare. CTF, too. ONS - I hate. AS? Pub aren't worth it.

I also do not have the time to get a clan. So I tried TAM, and I just want to say how enjoyable it is.

First, people are generaly very sympathic, and nicely skilled (clan gets around there sometimes so Im sure to meet some good one there).

Second, im one of those that could play a single TDM match of 20 minutes, and after that im bored of the same combat, if its pub its spaming fest, if its not then its TIMING fest. Realy not my stile.

I also get tired, im pretty intense when I play, I realy get in the game, and nothing ever around would bother me. Its stupid maybe, but it seems to take lot of energy to work well (in which time Im considered quite skilled). In TDM, I would stop playing, but in TAM, you can talk and relax while watching other fighting when you died. This leave for intense action, and some moments to get your ability back, and maybe getting a drink or anything.

I just wanted so share my opinion. It was very enjoyable, and I realy recomand anyone who want a good match to get there. However it may not be the good place for beginer (its NOT easy), but how the score works and how the game works make it very enjoyable.

Hope people share this opinion with me :up: (and say if you do)

n00b! j/k

TAM is enjoyable, its more of a "social" gametype since u die and u can talk about how u died than other gametypes lol. "DUDE THAT WAS A #)($*% COMBO!" Very nice mod but I tend to like TDM a bit better, but like you said, its about "your style".

Comment

hmm, i may try this.

TDM being my main gametype, it actually has gotten old finally (mostly due to the abundance of high pinging Demo servers around here).

Comment

It's more of a camping, hitscan dominated gametype, but there's nothing wrong with that. Basically, all you worry about is your own skills, no timings or anything like that.

Comment

Awesome.

Glad you enjoy it.

It's become all I play for a great many reasons.

Comment

It's a lot more relaxed than TDM, without having to rush from item to item you're free to fight as you want. Get good with the goop gun and your fun will double :up:

Comment

Get ready for the inevitable tdm vs tam argument

But ye, tam is nice, tho im mainly a ctf player

Comment

I've played a few PUGs in the past few days. Much more challenging than pubs.

Comment

Yeh - watch out for the trolls - they finally got my TAM thread closed (probably would have been better to ban them than close the thread)...

Having played nothing but ONS for a year I tried TDM and found every server full of potty-mouthed arrogant kiddies. I tried iTDM and found it amusing but for the inevitable Zounds and arrogant potty-mouthed kiddies. That's not a problem - they're welcome to their gametypes.

Then came TAM and have been playing more of this than ONS. The players seem generally more mature and laid back than (i)TDM and the skill level is just as awesome.

Are you the J@ke I mistakenly called "Joke" on Titan's TAM server? (sorry!)

Comment

yep I enjoy TAM too. I agree that it might not be the best starting gametype for beginners as you have to wait a few mins between rounds but thats not a problem on my regular server (see above) as there is always some good banter going on.

Good stuff

Comment

TAM is great, its like an updated version of LMS. . . . kinda Anyway point being i love it :heart: :heart: :heart: - Shame i havn't had time to play UT2004 for a few months now

Comment

Re: Thanks to TAM - Everywhere else comes to bad experiences

Originally posted by Jake-SF
                        I started playing TAM a bit, under foreign name, because I was sure I would come across some a** like in most other official gametype.

I like TDM, but searching for a good tdm server is a real nightmare. CTF, too. ONS - I hate. AS? Pub aren't worth it.

I also do not have the time to get a clan. So I tried TAM, and I just want to say how enjoyable it is.

First, people are generaly very sympathic, and nicely skilled (clan gets around there sometimes so Im sure to meet some good one there).

Second, im one of those that could play a single TDM match of 20 minutes, and after that im bored of the same combat, if its pub its spaming fest, if its not then its TIMING fest. Realy not my stile.

I also get tired, im pretty intense when I play, I realy get in the game, and nothing ever around would bother me. Its stupid maybe, but it seems to take lot of energy to work well (in which time Im considered quite skilled). In TDM, I would stop playing, but in TAM, you can talk and relax while watching other fighting when you died. This leave for intense action, and some moments to get your ability back, and maybe getting a drink or anything.

I just wanted so share my opinion. It was very enjoyable, and I realy recomand anyone who want a good match to get there. However it may not be the good place for beginer (its NOT easy), but how the score works and how the game works make it very enjoyable.

Hope people share this opinion with me :up: (and say if you do)
                        i conccur. tho i am playing TAM only for a short time i am starting to like it. at first time it was a bit strange and i wasnt sure if i would play it again but that changed over few games :]

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet
                          Yeh - watch out for the trolls - they finally got my TAM thread closed (probably would have been better to ban them than close the thread)...

Having played nothing but ONS for a year I tried TDM and found every server full of potty-mouthed arrogant kiddies. I tried iTDM and found it amusing but for the inevitable Zounds and arrogant potty-mouthed kiddies. That's not a problem - they're welcome to their gametypes.

Then came TAM and have been playing more of this than ONS. The players seem generally more mature and laid back than (i)TDM and the skill level is just as awesome.

Are you the J@ke I mistakenly called "Joke" on Titan's TAM server? (sorry!)
                          I knew it! Thats the second tam thread that gets closed on page7 !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gades
                            It's more of a camping, hitscan dominated gametype, but there's nothing wrong with that. Basically, all you worry about is your own skills, no timings or anything like that.
                            erm you *can't* camp as you take damage, but I know what you mean

TAM rocks

and I was enjoying piglets thread

Comment

I find both TAM and Clanarena to be fun sometimes... I play it the way I play DM basicly, just relaxing fragging, you don't have to think to much just shoot and enjoy yourself, no fuss... I do get bored of it pretty easily though just like I do with DM... I don't get the nearly same rush as I do when I play a close match of TDM or 1on1...

Don't know about the bad experiences people seem to have had with TDM though... all you need to do is find a good pickup channel on IRC ^^ or play in a clan ofc \o/

Comment

Working...
                              X