NeoCairo GroundHog Shots [UPDATE 31.07.2005]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NeoCairo GroundHog Shots [UPDATE 31.07.2005]

Team Orbit is seeking a few talented individuals to assist in the creation of NeoCairo for UT2004. But in the meantime, enjoy these newly released shots of The GroundHog armored dune buggy.

Look for some exclusive video footage this weekend from the animation team. Great looking stuff, guys!

From BeyondUnreal

4 wheels and a turret in the back?

ZOMG HALO RIPOFF!!!!111 :sulk:

(j/k)

Comment

Is this supposed to be like NeoTokyo or something?

Comment

I feel sorry for anyone manning that turret. Looks like a perfect spot to get sniped. Other than that, the vehicle looks kickass.

Comment

That's a really cool vehicle!! I love it!!

Is this anything like neocairo from UT99? I really loved that conversion, I thought it was one of the coolest.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™

(j/k)
            You don't have to be joking, because that's what it is, at least visually. The character and vehicle design couldn't be more derivative and lazy. :down:

Comment

Originally posted by Dai
              You don't have to be joking, because that's what it is, at least visually. The character and vehicle design couldn't be more derivative and lazy. :down:
              zomg, Halo ripped off basic apc design.

lawsuit.

Comment

I'll bet that back seat has a higher mortality rate than a Texas State Penitentiary electric chair.

Comment

NeoCairo Skycaster Pics, Vid

Team Orbit has even more new NeoCairo media to show off this week - looks like things are really rolling along! The centerpiece today is the Skycaster - modeled, and skinned by Xen with a great metallic shader finish thanks to EvilEngine.

In addition to the many screenshots of the weapon, you'll find a video featuring the weapon's primary and alt fire modes.

From BeyondUnreal

Comment

I really like the Alt and Primary fire, although it's a shame they didn't include any sound in the vid. So we could check the sound effects of the weapon (if they're finished already)

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
                      (j/k)
                      lol :haha:
                      Originally posted by Dai
                      Yes... the WartHog has a sleek, aerodynamic design, and a raised turret you sit in
                      (don't forget the lack of a gunner's shield on that turret)

Comment

I really don't like the noisyness on the vehicle, it seems to 'dirty' making it look quickly textured without smoothing it up.

It still beats the scorpion though. Does need some work.

Comment

Imo it really should have a shield/cover for the gunner. All stationary/semi stationary turrets on current day tanks/cars etc have it. (BF2 tought me that!)

Comment

Working...
                          X