A fps question .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Anyone who claims to see the difference between 85 and anything above are either full of it or some freak government genetic experiment.

Leave a comment:

• replied

I would say:
    <40 is bad
    >70 is good
    >100 is ideal

But I suppose it depends on the person. *shrugs*
    :cry: i don't think i've ever even made it to 80 fps online or off :cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chimbaktu
    low fps is not only bad for the eyes, but causes serious mouse lag. anything under 50fps should be unacceptable.
    Considering I play with a steady 12 FPS, and usually score in the top 3 in DM, you have been rendered OBSOLETE!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I have NO mouse lag (with reduce mouse lag turned OFF).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have an AMD ahtlonXP 2500, radeon 9200 (128mb), and 512mb of system memory. and i get 85fps on most DM maps with a lot of dips (online). so you should be able to do just fine with the setup you have.

low fps is not only bad for the eyes, but causes serious mouse lag. anything under 50fps should be unacceptable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok atlhon 2800 + and geforce 6200 than .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jezza101
    infact if the energy that has gone into arguing this could be harnessed we would probably be able to power a small city for a month.
    :haha::up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You don't want physics high, you want them low. That eats up a lot for from what I can tell) is only used for ragdoll and similar things.
    highest dynamic mesh LOD is also a big cost.
    If you were doing an upgrade at least go to an Athlon64, hey are a lot better than the XP. I have an AthlonXP 3000 and a 9800 pro.
    Well wait, for DM, yeah it stays probably over 80-120, somewhere.
    I also have 1.5 gig ram, that helps with smoothness.
    Don't know about that video card personally check tomshardware, they have a nice cpu chart with ut2k4 tested...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aTourist
    Above 40 is ok to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok Ill ask one more time
    What cpu + gpu + ram , should should I get If I want to have avg fps 80 with these settings online in 8-player DM on rankin ?:
    1024 x 768
    lowest textures
    low character detail
    high physics
    highest dynamic mesh LOD
    biggest fog distance
    16 bit collor
    details ( coronas , dynamic lighting etc .. )
    no aa / af

Would athlon 2800 xp + , ge force 6200 , 512 ram get me those avg 80 fps with those settings ?

EDIT btw right now I have a celeron 1.3 ghz + ge force 2 mx + 128 ram and I get 30 fps average with those settings , I dont believe with athlon xp 2800 + , geforce 6200 , and ram 512 I wouldn get 80 avg fps .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WosP
    Dont worry Ill have a monitor with 116 hz at 1024 x 768 . Do you think I can get 85 fps with the video details I posted , and an amd athlon xp 2800 + , geforce 6200 , 512 ram ?
    yes, but it won't be a constant 85 except on DM maps... and even then it might dip down into the 50's and 60's every now and then...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dont worry Ill have a monitor with 116 hz at 1024 x 768 . Do you think I can get 85 fps with the video details I posted , and an amd athlon xp 2800 + , geforce 6200 , 512 ram ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Above 40 is ok to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ideally your fps should be equal to or higher than your monitors refresh rate (depending on whether you want to use vsync or not) and any higher than ~90 you cant tell the difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh and 85 fps is max online ? really ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok well could someone with a cheap cpu (athlon 2800+) and cheap gpu (radeon 9600/geforce 6200) and ram 512 - 768 , tell me what fps is he getting online in dm rankin at 1024 x 768 , lowest textures , low character detail , high physics , highest dynamic mesh LOD , biggest fog distance , 16 bit collor , and everything ( coronas , dynamic lighting ) else turned off ? I would like to get those 85 fps online with that .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X