Question , yes .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question , yes .

I would like to ask what gpu should be fine for my pc if I wanna have high FPS with these settings ( Cpu is Athlon 2800+ ) :
    Resolution 1024x768
    Texture detail Lowest
    Character detail Lowest
    World detail Low
    Physic Highest
    dynamic mesh LOD highest
    Everying turned off ( coronas etc ... )
    Blob shadows
    Fog distance max
    What cpu + gpu will do fine ?
    AND NO, IM NOT BUYING 939 SAN DIEGO 6600GT , IF I WOULD I COULD BUY FX-55 + 6800ULTRA ! Tell me the cpu + gpu , and the fps I could get . Maybe sempron 2200 + ( socket a ) + radeon 9600
    Btw NO AA or AF.

It would help if you said how much RAM you had. I have the same computer and 1GB of ram with a 6600GT. Before I had my 6600GT I had a 5600XT with 512MB RAM. I could play on highest settings at 1024 resolution with that. So if you have atleast 512MB of RAM then get a 5600 or 5700. kthx

Comment

Oh yeah ram 786

Comment

Then all you really need is a decent video card to play 2K4. The one's I listed above are good. Do some research on it, if you wanna play 2K7 though then you will need a completely different system, same with me.

Comment

with an amd 3000+ , 512 Ram, and a Geforce MX4000, i get >70 FPS average with everything on low, at 1600x1200, the high LOD distance makes the biggest effect on my Framerate, so i keep it on lowest (second to world detail)

Comment

Maybe geforce 6200 + athlon 2800 + . I fought the higher dynammic mesh LoD the more reduction - less power needed - more fps .

Comment

i wouldnt get a gf4, they seem to be at the end of their reign as one of the best gfx cards ever (BF2 + GF2 = 0fps)

Comment

Get a good old refurbished 6600GT. I'm guessing AGP? With your 2800+ you should get good framerates. It's a fine compliment to your processor.

Comment

If you don't care 'bout AA or AF certainly go ATI. I prefer ATI anyways, but if you want to get the best out of your current system.. spend $25 on the zalman piped VGA heatsink and use ATI tool to O'C your vid card. As with the rest of us, unless you have the $, wait a bit for an upgrade. If you plan to upgrade anyways.. I say push your current system to the limits.. O'C the sh*t outta it... why not?

Cheers

Comment

Guys .. I'll HAVE EVERYTHING , besides physics and dynamic mesh lod LOWEST , TURNED OFF ( coronas ... ).
                    I'm not gonna buy a 6600gt ! Im keeping money and Ill just buy a cheap pc . Tell me which cpu + gpu should do good (> 80 fps ) on those settings . 512 ram . Maybe radeon 9600 . Im saving some money for ut 2k7 . Im not gonna buy a super pc right now .

Comment

Originally posted by WosP
                      Guys .. I'll HAVE EVERYTHING , besides physics and dynamic mesh lod LOWEST , TURNED OFF ( coronas ... ).
                      I'm not gonna buy a 6600gt ! Im keeping money and Ill just buy a cheap pc . Tell me which cpu + gpu should do good (> 80 fps ) on those settings . 512 ram . Maybe radeon 9600 . Im saving some money for ut 2k7 . Im not gonna buy a super pc right now .
                      9800 are going cheap these days, dont really need anything more for UT, I ran at 80 fps on all but the badly built ONS maps with a 2500+ and a 9800se!

You get what you pay for. Be realistic.

Comment

Ok 9800 than .

Comment

Originally posted by Homicidal
                          with an amd 3000+ , 512 Ram, and a Geforce MX4000, i get >70 FPS average with everything on low, at 1600x1200, the high LOD distance makes the biggest effect on my Framerate, so i keep it on lowest (second to world detail)
                          HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. The bull**** some people **** out on forums is amazing!

1600x1200 on an MX4000?... Average framerate would probably be around 10 fps, with dips into the low 2.0's and maybe the occasional split-second spike to the upper 20's, hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by WosP
                            If you wanna play 2K7 then you should be saving money for a PC rather than a card.:up:

Comment

Originally posted by Scam
                              If you wanna play 2K7 then you should be saving money for a PC rather than a card.:up:
                              the way i read it, that's exactly what he's doing...

Comment

Working...
                              X