vctf and standard server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vctf and standard server

Ok, I just noticed something. In the server browser, having the standard server box checked or unchecked does not affect how many servers show up, even the ones with crazy mods and mutators. Is this just me or does the standard server box not count in vctf because it's not an official gametype?

Exactly. And it's the same way in TAM or any other mod. Thank god. The standard server checkbox is teh satan.

Comment

Really? That sucks. I generally play on standard servers only. I think it should be for VCTF as well, because with the latest patch it shows up without any maps installed, like they made it official or something.

Comment

The standard server checkbox is redundant and irritating (especially for those of us running servers). Just make your own filter in the server browser, it's easy enough to do. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by nightstormer
          Exactly. And it's the same way in TAM or any other mod. Thank god. The standard server checkbox is teh satan.
          That box was my primary filter before I had filled my favourites folder. I am not playing on these sh1tloadsofcrapyouhavetodownloadjusttoenteratotall yscrewedandunpleasentgamerule-server.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
            That box was my primary filter before I had filled my favourites folder. I am not playing on these sh1tloadsofcrapyouhavetodownloadjusttoenteratotall yscrewedandunpleasentgamerule-server.
            Right, and I understand the concept and reasoning behind it. But it in effect destroyed any chance for certain gametypes to do well. For example, if you want to run a CTF server but don't want the crappy translocator in, your server will no longer show standard. Or, if you want the trans, but want to use a small mutator to make it unlimited charge (like in UT), no longer standard. etc, etc. Unfortunately, there are plenty of new players that never see it to uncheck it, and other players like yourself that are never willing to give new content a chance. Thus server admins are locked into either running vanilla servers and building a player base or running a few choice mutators to customize their servers and have no players (and im not talking big head or mega jump or stupid ****)

Comment

Yeah, don't ever check that box! Dammit! lol

Comment

Working...
              X