Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long tme ago ut2k4 suggestion i made, maybe now suitable for 2k7? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long tme ago ut2k4 suggestion i made, maybe now suitable for 2k7? :)

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=336457

Originally posted by Sphinx
    Dont know if someone came up with the idea before, but maybe make a droppowerup option? Like the person with armor can drop the armor he's got left for his (damaged) teammate?

Or someone with all weapons and armor gets the amp from a teammate to continue the amprun because the previous owner of the amp was low on health?
    was my suggestion, i have to add that it doesnt add much to public play, but imo it can add a lot to organised teamgames. Since there are a lot of new players on this forum (that registered after 2k4 came out) i'd like to know how they think about this idea

(ps. im just talking a bind and not dropping amp after you die like in quake)

:up:

Comment

I had this idea aswell in the back of my mind as a possibility for UT2004 before it was released. Theres good logic behind it, but its the sort of thing that you really can't judge how well it would work etc until its actually tried and tested.

It would put a greater emphasis on powerup control, but the amp in particular. Having the ability to keep the most suitable player amped regardless who took it originally would shift the whole powerup balance a bit. The amp is already really strong in TDM.

Comment

I don't really like the idea of being able to drop the amp, whether the wearer is dead or not. I feel being able to end the enemy team's amp run shouldn't be any harder than it already is. If you want a long amp-run for your team, let your most armoured team member pick it up.
        I'm not sure what to make of dropping armour, although I can't see that change the game that much.

Comment

Originally posted by eviL<3
          :up:

Comment

I like it!!

I looked at that thread and realized I don't have to put up with Jermaine-x's annoying avatar anymore.

Comment

:down:

Comment

wouldnt work that great imo...

the great thing is to let powerups stand untill your most boosted player gets there to grap it, and being able to grap the amp with the most boosted player in the heat of the battle, and the same with the 100a, so theres no room for mistakes, a drop powerup would make you able to redo mistakes, and kinda make the game a tend less skill based as a team IMO + ampruns would be insanely good.

Comment

I like it!

Just like how I like the drop flag and suicide options. I would like to see these things in 2k7.

Comment

Nice idea, but I'm not sure if it would work out in practise. Someone needs to make a mutator to test it. :up:

Comment

Working...
                    X