No announcement yet.

An 1v1 LG question .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note: if this was the original UT, Plumb would be correct. Headshot was an automatic frag in the original.

Comment

No, the ut sniper rifle did 150 headshot damage...not an instant kill.

Comment

Lets put it this way, if you hit someone with the LG and their head lights up on fire but they dont die, pull out the mini and chase their *** down.

Comment

Originally posted by 0verclocked
          Lets put it this way, if you hit someone with the LG and their head lights up on fire but they dont die, pull out the mini and chase their *** down.
          Followed by shouts of "Noob!" "Mini-*****!" along with statements about your mother
          Which is then followed by the screamer getting killed once more(preferably with the shieldgun for further insult)

Comment

Originally posted by WileyPeyote
            No, the ut sniper rifle did 150 headshot damage...not an instant kill.
            Are you sure on that? I never played the original competitively, so it's entirely possible (even probable) that I could be wrong... but for some reason, I strongly recall someone confirming that it was an automatic kill.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: An 1v1 LG question .

Originally posted by vrxGz
              No, a headshot is 140 damage. Or rather, double what you would have gotten otherwise. (Ie, 280 damage if you get one when amped, but less when you get one when the opponent is using shieldgun.)
              thx for clarifying :up:

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                Are you sure on that? I never played the original competitively, so it's entirely possible (even probable) that I could be wrong... but for some reason, I strongly recall someone confirming that it was an automatic kill.
                Yes I'm sure. I played it for 5 years Plus I looked it up before I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                  Followed by shouts of "Noob!" "Mini-*****!" along with statements about your mother
                  Which is then followed by the screamer getting killed once more(preferably with the shieldgun for further insult)
                  That's pretty much it, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tewicc
                    theres no head spere

since it hit detection where the system then detects if you hit the headbone, so its kinda an after check after the hit if you actually hit one of the bones thats a part of the head.

not true actually. the whole problem with headshots in UT2k4 is that there is no "headbone" like there should be in the models. instead it is determined by the "neckbone" which is in constant movement. hence why a lot of the time, you can shoot the exact same area of a model twice with LG, and get a headshot only once. it's pretty goofy.

Comment

I find its alot easier to get headshots in with the Sniper Rifle. The Lighting Gun takes too long to recharge, IMO. Plus, the Lighting Gun won't be in the next UT, so its better to start warming up to the Sniper Rifle.

In addition, there is a gametype you may want to check out called Pro Sniper, which forces you to land a headshot to get a kill. No other shots mater. That will probably help.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
                        I find its alot easier to get headshots in with the Sniper Rifle. The Lighting Gun takes too long to recharge, IMO. Plus, the Lighting Gun won't be in the next UT, so its better to start warming up to the Sniper Rifle.

In addition, there is a gametype you may want to check out called Pro Sniper, which forces you to land a headshot to get a kill. No other shots mater. That will probably help.
                        I dedicate my 300th post to this thread . Nice find, I think its easier to get headshots offline reather than online, but thats just me playing with masterful bots :P.

The easiest EVER headshots were in the original UT days. I still gotta photo of me camping in deck-16 with 50-4 (kills/deaths) somewhere on my webhost. Ill go find it :up: .

EDIT: I must of deleted it :down: .

Comment

Originally posted by [=UTVC=]
                          The easiest EVER headshots were in the original UT days.
                          Indeed!

Comment

Oh ok well , now on by what powerups are taken I aim at the head if 50 shield is picked up 1 , for head than 1, switch to mini / aim for body .

Comment

Working...
                            X