I think this would be a nice feature..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this would be a nice feature..

Sometimes I'll come across a map on a server, but can't find it on any websites. I think it would be cool if you could select to download a map from a server, and have it kept in your map list so you can play it again single player or in your own server, kind of like on Starcraft.

If it were set to always do that, it would take a load of space on a computer, I would imagine, so I think saving a map should only happen when a player decides to download it.

If it becomes a problem, lagging the server, the server could have an option to not allow map downloads.

Just an idea.

Well when u download a map from UT the map and all files related to it go in a folder call CACHE..
    So googling go look for a program called UT cache extractor so u can uncache maps and packages so u can play them on ur server or offline

Comment

It would still be nice if this feature was built in.
      Besides, extracting maps from cache doesn't necessarily work correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronos
        Well when u download a map from UT the map and all files related to it go in a folder call CACHE..
        So googling go look for a program called UT cache extractor so u can uncache maps and packages so u can play them on ur server or offline

Comment

I think that a good idea.:up:

When you go online and are playing and the server is playing a map you don't have and so you have to wait for it to download then at the end of the game maybe a button could appear that says keep map or something like that and you hit yes and then you have the map.

Comment

It should also show you some preview pictures of the map you want to download. Now THAT would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Chronos
              i thourght it was called UT cache translator?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                It would still be nice if this feature was built in.
                Besides, extracting maps from cache doesn't necessarily work correctly.
                Wut they said ^^^

Comment

Working...
                X