X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTcomp:: netcode

Got a question about UTcomp.
    Is there a way to see if the server has the no lag netcode thingy on, before i enter and try to experiment?

I'd rather avoid the UTcomp servers with it enabled.

I don't think there's a way to see it from the server browser.

Comment

yea it friken sucks..too bad every server with halfway decent players has it enabled. whoever developed it should have their ******* burned off, all it does is dead over half your shots with its retarded simulate zero ping. and if u turn it off but ur enemy has it on its completely unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by epic.***
        yea it friken sucks..too bad every server with halfway decent players has it enabled. whoever developed it should have their ******* burned off, all it does is dead over half your shots with its retarded simulate zero ping. and if u turn it off but ur enemy has it on its completely unplayable.
        Netcode = good

You = bad

Comment

Ok thanks guys; looks like they need to work on that aspect of the mut.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
            Ok thanks guys; looks like they need to work on that aspect of the mut.

Not really, people just get killed with it turned on and then get all ****** and blame it on the netcode.

Most competitive leagues now use it, so it's ntor eally bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 of 42
              Not really, people just get killed with it turned on and then get all ****** and blame it on the netcode.

It's widely used in the competitive NA scene and not used in the European scene at all, probably because most people already ping well enough to anywhere in Europe. Still sucks for people in Spain or Portugal that have to play with 60+ ping though.

Comment

I meant, they need to work on some way to let us know that it is being used or not, before the match begins.

I don't play in leagues, so I have no news post telling me specifics a week or month before hand.

I usually hop in a server and shoot based on my ping.

[edit]
                maybe if it is enabled, it should force-show a "0" ping for all players. ??
                just throwing out ideas here...

Comment

I love netcode. I have comcrap so I pretty much have to have it.

Comment

wow you're retarded. me hitting someone dead on with any gun and having the shot just go dead and do no damage over 50% of the time has everything to do with utcomp, as it never happens on servers with it disabled. why dont you go to any utcomp server and ask anyone who pings over 60 what im talking about. its garnered the nickname newbnet among many good players because shots u actually hit dont hit, and shots that you clearly miss do hit. dont know how many times ive seen a rocket fly right by me, then a second later i get hit by it, or seen a lg shot land 5 feet to my right and somehow hit me as a headshot. im also willing to bet id utterly destroy you 1v1 even in a crappy *** netcode enabled server.

Comment

What i would like is that either every server would have it (newnet, ping compensation or whatever) on, or none at all.

When you come from a regular server with say ping 60 and arrive to a server that has utcomp with newnet enabled, it takes a while (how long depends on player) to adapt to the new environment. This can be frustrating if you play on several different servers.

Newnet or regular lag? In my case i prefer the latter. For me its either internet or LAN, not internet that feels like LAN.

Comment

wow you're retarded. me hitting someone dead on with any gun and having the shot just go dead and do no damage over 50% of the time has everything to do with utcomp, as it never happens on servers with it disabled. why dont you go to any utcomp server and ask anyone who pings over 60 what im talking about. its garnered the nickname newbnet among many good players because shots u actually hit dont hit, and shots that you clearly miss do hit. dont know how many times ive seen a rocket fly right by me, then a second later i get hit by it, or seen a lg shot land 5 feet to my right and somehow hit me as a headshot. im also willing to bet id utterly destroy you 1v1 even in a crappy *** netcode enabled server.
                        It IS pretty flaky stuff.
                        I'd much rather just ping it out.

Comment

Oh stop exaggerating. If you could actually bothered reading anything the UTComp team have said, you'd know that alot of these missed-but-hit shots have to do with UT2004 itself, not UTComp. Since you're hitting your target more, you have increased how many times you will notice this bug, thus proving how buggy UT2004 is.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniFilth
                            ...Still sucks for people in Spain or Portugal that have to play with 60+ ping though.
                            :sour:
                            I haven't played UT2004 in a few days but most servers, if not all, I play in have UTComp enabled. Some have the newnet code ON some OFF. All I know is that unless you have below 50 ping it's unplayable. I do have that hit and don't die effect but to be honest I can't figure if it's UTComp or the game itself.
                            All I know is that I play there and it happens (can be a coincidence).

Comment

Originally posted by Sabo
                              *** troll

wins :up:
                              you're trolling.

Originally posted by DaniFilth
                              I don't think there's a way to see it from the server browser.
                              I should have locked it after that post- the only useful post.

Comment

Working...
                              X