Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT-ish] 2005FPW != Ghosting? I'd like a definate answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks to all those people 'upgrading' to superexpensive LCD desk ornaments I was able to get me a used 21" Trinitron for a hundred bucks. LCDs are great!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
    Price. You can buy 5~ same since CRT's for that amount of money.
    I wouldnt trade you for 10 of those oversized, overweight space heaters known as CRT's. Worth every penny.:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by W@rl(0)K
    People that say this have never played on a good LCD. Viewsonic VP201B, 20.1", 1600x1200 native resolution.
    Dead pixels=0
    Ghosting=0
    Tearing=0
    Have it sitting right beside a Sony 21" CRT and it makes it look sick in every way.
    Price. You can buy 5~ same since CRT's for that amount of money.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spaz007
    I going to stay with a CRT forever since I haven't seen a LCD that doesn't have some sort of issue.
    People that say this have never played on a good LCD. Viewsonic VP201B, 20.1", 1600x1200 native resolution.
    Dead pixels=0
    Ghosting=0
    Tearing=0
    Have it sitting right beside a Sony 21" CRT and it makes it look sick in every way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I once had a 16ms LCD for a while (17" Sony with XBlack tech) and if you game regularly, you immediatly notice it. In instagib anyways.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
    i have an old cheap lcd and i haven't seen any ghosting... or at least i don't think i have.... are there pics of what bad ghosting looks like?
    The best way to notice ghosting, is to set your lcd and crt side by side, put them into clone mode so they both display the same info, then fire up a game and go into a map and spin your mouse fast like you would to do quick 180's. My LCD is rated at 16ms, and in UT I do see VERY SLIGHT ghosting in UT and I did not notice it until I viewed it side by side with my crt. It is more evident when doing things like the following. Take a irc box with a white background with black text and grab onto it with your mouse, and drag it around the screen fast. With my crt the text maintains its integrity while the LCD does get a fair chunk of trail to it while in motion.

But with that being said, as I stated in another LCD post, the only reason I even bought a LCD was to make a big screen projector out of it as crts can't be use for a DIY projector. And I wanted the ability to play my games and movies etc on a 120" screen. And all said and done I spent $750 canadian for a 120" tv/pc monitor that looks **** amazing so I can't complain about that. And its a hoot to take to LAN parties

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Diademed
    heh I guarantee you've seen it.

Only happens when the display is moving fast, usually.
    weird, i just first person view spec'd a match of XxxX instagib (really fast) and i saw no ghosting at all. i don't understand because the monitor was made in january of 2002 and has a response time of 35 ms

i watched people flying around in circles really fast and i saw no blurring but i should be because of my response time....

anyone know what's going on?

here's my monitor: http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Dell_Del...r_Manufacturer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spaz007
    I going to stay with a CRT forever since I haven't seen a LCD that doesn't have some sort of issue.
    :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have an old cheap lcd and i haven't seen any ghosting... or at least i don't think i have.... are there pics of what bad ghosting looks like?
    heh I guarantee you've seen it.

Only happens when the display is moving fast, usually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you cant SS ghosting since the issue is in the screen and not in the way the video card renders the image.

Move the cursor/ a window fast left and right. If you see a blur behind it, that's ghosting.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No ghosts on either of my 2 CRT's I got on this comp.

Oh wait... nwm...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 0verclocked
    Dont get a 2005FPW, it has some black light leaking issues, go for the 2001FP or the 2405FPW

It's fast enough for games, it's just the panel isnt very good, you see weird purple blotches all over it, and i've seen about 10 of these that all had the same issue, and when you return it to dell they send you a refurbished replacement....which most likely got sent back for that problem, they fail to see it though
    If I remember correctly, the Dell 2005 FPW uses the same parts (from LG?) as the Apple 20" Cinema Display. Those monitors had the same problem too (the purple blotches), but now it's been fixed. I don't know if that's the case for the Dell's, but I think the newest models shouldn't have that same problem anymore... I suggest you search a bit for it on some forums about that problem. If the Dell 2005FPW still has the problem, I suggest you buy the Cinema Display. It costs a bit more, but it doesnt have that problem anymore, it's got the same parts, it looks nicer, but it's a bit more expensive... My 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nirvelli
    For the Win?

Indeed.

Soo... does ANYONE have a 2005FPW?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Projector FTW!
    For the Win?

And I have a Gateway 15" LCD from a few years ago, ghosting but not too bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X