Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT-ish] 2005FPW != Ghosting? I'd like a definate answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT-ish] 2005FPW != Ghosting? I'd like a definate answer.

Soooo.... Does it?

My 1700FP or so does HORRIBLY. If I'm going to drop 450$ to jump on the quality WLCD bandwagon, I'd like to hear it from actual CRT converts!

Please?

no problems on my LCD

Comment

I´m not experiencing any ghosting with my LCD monitor.

Comment

post models?

ond if its comparable to a crt?

Comment

I hate LCD's, the brightness is all messed up, and usually have ghost trails. but CRTs work perfect (as long as the refresh rate is above 75 any monitor is good)

Comment

Dont get a 2005FPW, it has some black light leaking issues, go for the 2001FP or the 2405FPW

It's fast enough for games, it's just the panel isnt very good, you see weird purple blotches all over it, and i've seen about 10 of these that all had the same issue, and when you return it to dell they send you a refurbished replacement....which most likely got sent back for that problem, they fail to see it though

Comment

Originally posted by 0verclocked
              Dont get a 2005FPW, it has some black light leaking issues, go for the 2001FP or the 2405FPW

It's fast enough for games, it's just the panel isnt very good, you see weird purple blotches all over it, and i've seen about 10 of these that all had the same issue, and when you return it to dell they send you a refurbished replacement....which most likely got sent back for that problem, they fail to see it though
              hmmm Ive seen this problem. its not an issue with the panel, but the casing.

And I believe it is a Back Light issue, not a black light one

However, the 2405 has the same issues, and is waaaay out of my price range, and the 2001 is old, and not widescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow]I[
                I hate LCD's, the brightness is all messed up, and usually have ghost trails. but CRTs work perfect (as long as the refresh rate is above 75 any monitor is good)
                that's a given.

Comment

I going to stay with a CRT forever since I haven't seen a LCD that doesn't have some sort of issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz007
                    I going to stay with a CRT forever since I haven't seen a LCD that doesn't have some sort of issue.

Comment

While it may be true that great strides have been made in the advancement of LCD technology, the best monitor you can get for your money is still a CRT. A mid-range 19" CRT will cost less and look ten times better than a lower-range 19" LCD.

Just because you have no problems with it doesn't mean it's perfect. To put it another way, there are plenty of people who happily play UT2004 on 1 ghz machines, but that doesn't mean they are getting all the performance that they could be getting. To get an LCD with visual quality comparable to a CRT you would have to spend upwards of $500, whereas the CRT would cost, at most, half that.

Maybe in the future, mainstream LCDs will be up to the visual quality of CRTs, but as it stands there's still a ways to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Raffi_B
                        While it may be true that great strides have been made in the advancement of LCD technology, the best monitor you can get for your money is still a CRT.
                        You mean spaceheater. =)

Not to mention the college appt. issue and the weight. No, I need an LCD. I'm just trying to decide whether or not to spend 434$ on a gaming model.

Comment

Projector FTW!
                          For the Win?

And I have a Gateway 15" LCD from a few years ago, ghosting but not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli
                            For the Win?

Indeed.

Soo... does ANYONE have a 2005FPW?

Comment

Originally posted by 0verclocked

If I remember correctly, the Dell 2005 FPW uses the same parts (from LG?) as the Apple 20" Cinema Display. Those monitors had the same problem too (the purple blotches), but now it's been fixed. I don't know if that's the case for the Dell's, but I think the newest models shouldn't have that same problem anymore... I suggest you search a bit for it on some forums about that problem. If the Dell 2005FPW still has the problem, I suggest you buy the Cinema Display. It costs a bit more, but it doesnt have that problem anymore, it's got the same parts, it looks nicer, but it's a bit more expensive... My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X