Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Player Checks Out UT2003!!!

Hey Guys,

I'll give you alittle history, I played about 2 or 3 months of UT99 and was totally addicted. I then skipped UT2003 and when I got my new computer system I went straight to UT2004. I have UT2003 on my hard drive just as an image. I decided to check it out... and here's my results.

UT2003 POV:

1. The intro to UT2003 was fuxin spine tingling and motivating, the music the announcements everything.....awesome.

2. The interface is plain and simple as well as being intuitive and nicely layed out. Many of the simple overhead left to right option bar tabs are simple yet easy to use and quick. I personally prefer the simple yet very attractive interface that you seen when changing the settings etc. I think the main menu of UT2k4 is better by far than UT2k3.

3. What is with Brocks hair and head in the intro LOL ....looks like someone has some birth defects going on or something rofl?

4. POV when playing seems like I'm a midget in a huge world even though I am only playing training day. Why is this?

5. No option to change the crosshair size?

6. Sounds for Shock primary, Flak, Mini are teh major gheyzors. On the other hand the Shock Combo !Boom! is better than UT2k4. OMGOMGOMGOMG The shock combo sound makes me want to um...<insert sexual phrase here>. The bio sounds better in UT2k3 as well.

7. Link primary is sweet!

Mind you I haven't installed all the patches to it yet.

Some questions I have are:

A) How do I boostdodge?

B) Is there a patch I should stop at rather than going to the end one?

C) What are the main differences between UT2k4 and UT2k3?

User Input

1. Vehicles & other new game types.

2. ???

More to follow.......

Re: UT2004 Player Checks Out UT2003!!!

Originally posted by Sm@ck
    Vehicles, and, uh.... vehicles?

Comment

Did he mention vehicles?

Comment

I think he did.

Comment

A) How do I boostdodge?
          That should have read:

1)BOOST ROXORS YOUR BOXORS!!!!!!!1111

Ahem, yes the boostdodge or boostjump as i called it was the best bit of '2k3....IVHMO

To perform: tap [direction] then [direction] and [jump] together to do the 'boostdodge' bit. you can append a jump after it or before it. If before you'll get higher but not as far: a jumpboost, if after you'll get further but not as high: a boostjump.

Alternatively, you can just mash the driection and jump keys alternately to boostdodge, altough not quite as 'proper'.

Comment

POV when playing seems like I'm a midget in a huge world even though I am only playing training day. Why is this?
            Because the camera is alot lower in UT2003.

Comment

Aside from the (painfully obvious) vehicles, here are some more differences:

1. As you noticed, eye- height is lower.

2. Weapon switching is faster... almost instantaneous. The LG-shock one- two punch was the ***** du jour in UT2k3, even moreso than now.

3. Boostdodge, but I dunno how to do it so don't ask me.

4. Weapons do less damage, and the balance between them is different. The mini is a mean ***** in 2k4... it was often the butt of jokes in 2k3. In 2k3 vs live opponents it could take an amazingly long time to finish a duel. Some people hated that, I actually kind of liked it.

5. Adrenaline is a lot more important in 2k3. You get 3 adren points per pill or kill, as opposed to 2 in UT2k4. Further, the combos last longer and there's no duration penalty for flag carriers.

6. No dual AR.

7. No "classic" sniper rifle.

And I agree with you on the sounds, I like 2k4's sounds a lot better. Especially the ESR, go play some 2k3 instagib and tell me that's not the most annoying racket you've ever heard.

Obviously, a lot of people didn't care for UT2k3, but I liked it well enough. It was more difficult, but the longer face time with opponents made for some good fun IMO.

Comment

6. Sounds for Shock primary, Flak, Mini are teh major gheyzors. On the other hand the Shock Combo !Boom! is better than UT2k4. OMGOMGOMGOMG The shock combo sound makes me want to um...<insert sexual phrase here>. The bio sounds better in UT2k3 as well.
                !!! BOOOM !!!

oh yess

And my 70W speakers frequency range starts from 38 Hz

Comment

Working...
                X