This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colored Server Names Not Working

Today I noticed anyone using colored names for their servers that have been customized with their own mod/mutator no longer works. What the Fkc is up with this Atari? Are the master servers just messed up and need purging or you guys just freaking lame and want to stamp out this too?

I think if you take the time to build your own mod you should have the right to color your own dedicated server name to you liking. After all I am the one spending time, money and effort in to this. It takes money to run a dedicated server. It takes alot of time to learn and build mods,mutators maps etc. It cost you nothing to let people color their server names if they want too.

I would appreciate alot of feedback on this, good or bad.

Re: Colored Server Names Not Working

Originally posted by vynum
    After all I am the one spending time, money and effort in to this.
    And I am the one you're trying to force to look at your childish disgusting tele tubby bs names in the server browser. So, no. No color names.

Comment

Re: Re: Colored Server Names Not Working

Originally posted by moppel
      And I am the one you're trying to force to look at your childish disgusting tele tubby bs names in the server browser. So, no. No color names.

Comment

I hate the say this, but dude your a fking pussie. WTF is it going to hurt? Your eyes? Cost you your Job? Do you have a black and white TV? For your info, my server was only one color maybe two at the most. Not colored like looney tunes. Also, before they patched the colors everyone was really making their names look good, unique and different. Also as of today there was only about 3, 4 at the most that was coloring their names or even knew how. So you mean to tell me it bugged you that much? I really could care less but I'm sick and tired of seeing our freedom of choice taken away.

Your entitled to your opininon, but remember, its only yours. I say we have a majority vote on the matter. I would be glad to go with the majority.

Comment

Comment

First off, Epic made the game, and runs the master server. Colorized names where actually causing problems, so in a patch (although, I think this was a while back) they removed that ablity.

As for putting the money and time, well I think Epic has you beat on that, seeing as they made the game your modding, and the engine it runs on.

Comment

Step (1): Ask for feedback, "good or bad";
              Step (2): See bad feedback;
              Step (3); Childishly flame giver of said bad feedback.

Nice.

Comment

True, True

Comment

What he said ^^

Comment

I liked it.:downcast:

Comment

whats with all the hate ????

Be a littl nicer to the people here if you hate epic you hate us

*pitchfork

Comment

Didn't mean to come on that strong.

I know I started this thread but it might be a little premature. I noticed the master servers have been real screwy for the past 2 weeks and now I think they have a glich going on. Not all servers are showing everyone's servers. Its a touch and go, on and off, situation right now. My server's name keeps showing up wrong as well as a few of my friends. Also were lucky if they show up at all.

by the way, if Epic, Atari or whom ever runs the servers, if they haven't made any changes then my mod and its' colored name will be ok. There are two other servers having the same problem, they show up then they're gone. So,,,, I wait this one out.

Comment

i would suggest checking your filters etc etc etc

and also removing the colors because that will just ****** things up

Comment

I am with moppel and the others on this issue.

If you really want colors/colours:

Put a up a website make it colourful/colorful and put the ut2004:// link in the middle. Done.

Comment

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X