No announcement yet.

Best cpu for ut 2k4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I already chose Im going to buy sempron 3100 + palermo 256 cache ( later Ill overclock it to 2.5 ghz ) + radeon 9800 pro .
    I was thinking of amd athlon 2800 + socket 754 , but Ill buy the sempron 3100 64 palermo theres a difference of just 6 fps in that chart between them . I would have to buy a bit better mb if it would be athlon 64 2800 + so no thanks .

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
      The Newcastle at 2.4 performs about the same as a 3400? Pardon me while I :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Edit: I guess that's a typo and you meant 3.4. The AMD would still pulverize it in games....
      The Newcastle IS an AMD64 CPU - all the NewCastle cores are single channel memory controller socket 754 AFAIK, and go up to 3700+. The 3400+ Newcastle operates at 2.4GHz, which is what he was trying to say I think. The socket 939 Clawhammer also has a 3400+, and operates at 2.2GHz. The dual channel memory controller on the socket 939 cores doesn't have as big an impact on performance as some people think, so the budget 754 CPU's are great performers and are super cheap.

Good luck on the system Wosp. The sempron isn't a bad choice for a budget box, have fun.

Comment

Yeah I gues sempron 3100+ palermo is the same good as athlon 64 2800 + newcastle .

Comment

Originally posted by WosP
          Sorry I already chose Im going to buy sempron 3100 + palermo 256 cache ( later Ill overclock it to 2.5 ghz ) + radeon 9800 pro .
          I was thinking of amd athlon 2800 + socket 754 , but Ill buy the sempron 3100 64 palermo theres a difference of just 6 fps in that chart between them . I would have to buy a bit better mb if it would be athlon 64 2800 + so no thanks .
          Dude the 9800 pro is a bad choice. For the same amount of money you can get a 6600GT and it will last you longer.

Comment

OMG ... In beginning of the thread I wrote Ill get sempron + 6600gt , someone says its dead weith ... So sempron 3100 64 palermo core + 6600gt / 9800pro ? Wouldnt 6600 gt be dead weight ? Sorry for my english .

Comment

OMG ... In beginning of the thread I wrote Ill get sempron + 6600gt , someone says its dead weith ... So sempron 3100 64 palermo core + 6600gt / 9800pro ? Wouldnt 6600 gt be dead weight ? Sorry for my english .
              Dead weight? wtf? I understand your processor is going to be a bottleneck to your card but why spring for older technology when you can get new technology for the same price (maybe a few extra bucks). Yes UT is limited by the CPU but that doesn't apply to every other game. What happens if you ever decide to upgrade your CPU? Then your card will be the bottleneck. IMO I would get the 6600 GT over the 9800 pro any day. I am surprised no one else in this thread told you to do the same. Don't worry about your english

Comment

OK 6600 gt than ...

Comment

Good choice, just make sure you have over 400 watts of PSU otherwise you won't get its full potential.

Comment

someone says its dead weith
                    you probably didnt understand me
                    i meant that if you only want to use 800x600 then your graphics card will be dead weight unless you crank up the resolution..
                    look at this and youll see that on 1024x768, there are about 20 cards with the smae score, but as the resolution increases and the AA/AF is increased, the older, slower cards begin to drop back and the more powerful cards become more obvious..

if youre going to use a low resolution for UT, and thats all youre going to play, you might want to go slighly cheaper on the graphics card and use the money for when UT2007 comes out,

but if you play other games, the sempron and 6600GT will do you ok

Comment

Oh ok I get it than . Ill make the pc cheaper at keep money for xbox 360 than .

Comment

I think right now the best bang for your buck is the a64 3000+ 939 and the 6600gt. Both are well priced and perform very well and the 3000+ oc's like mad.

Comment

Ok its sempron 3100 + , 9800 pro . Thx everyone .

Comment

Originally posted by nightstormer
                            The Newcastle IS an AMD64 CPU -
                            You're right. I completely misread the post I was replying to.

Comment

Go AMD, Ive been using pentium forever...nothinb but problems. AMD will be my next system, unless INtel releases something better/affordable. AMD knows what they are doing.
                              Intel, however, has been illegally cutting AMD out of prebuilt pc/gadget business. AMD has the better product, or atleast one that can compete on thier level, else they wouldnt have been so cutthroat.

Comment

Working...
                              X