Best cpu for ut 2k4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cpu for ut 2k4 ?

What cpu should I buy, does it really matter so much ? Sempron ? Athlon 64 ? Athlon 64 (socket 939 - hyper transfer ) ? Intel celeron ? Intel pentium 4 ? Which sempron ?

Pfft doesn't really matter, ut2k4's graphics are pretty dated so whatever you want pretty much.

[edit: and i have all my settings maxed out so ]

Comment

Don't waste your money on a new CPU right now... this has GOT to be the worst time to upgrade it. There are alot of major changes happening right now, so you should probably just wait, save up some money, wait for dual core to become more standard.

But if you don't wanna do that, AMD is generally the way to go for gaming. I myself have a P4, and I love it for desktop use.

Honestly, if I were to build my system all over again, I would base it on a Pentium M CPU, for more reasons than I care to list right now.

Comment

If it doesnt really matter than its sempron ok . I really need it my celeron 1100mhz really sucks ..

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterKill):
          Pfft doesn't really matter, ut2k4's graphics are pretty dated so whatever you want pretty much.
          :down: They certainly dont look dated when you have an AMD64 rig and have all the detail settings on maximum. :up:

There will always be a bigger better next-gen space-age new technology CPU on the horizon nomatter how long u wait - i say go for it now its cruel and inhuman to deprive yourself the pleasure of ridiculously high FPS. Its just not right people.

Comment

Pacmaan, you said you had been an engineer for 20 years and you're only 19 aren't you?:haha:

Comment

the athlon 64 939 socket is the best for ut2k4
              coming from a intel celron D the preformance is so much better

i just got a 64 3000+ (venice core) and at stock speeds i can run a 32 bot ons match at 50 fps

the venice chips can overclock too ive seen a 3ghz overclock

the graphics are not dated its amazing that this engine was released in 2002

the cpu are changing right now the dual core doesnt do so hot on games but when developers start using the multi threads and then i would be worth getting

i just wanted great performance for cheap so i could play my favorite game

Comment

Originally posted by PacMaan2004
                :down: They certainly dont look dated when you have an AMD64 rig and have all the detail settings on maximum. :up:

OR on a P4 system with all the details maximum AMD isnt the only CPU out there. Both CPUs are good. Depends on what you want out of your rig

Comment

Originally posted by rochin
                  OR on a P4 system with all the details maximum AMD isnt the only CPU out there. Both CPUs are good. Depends on what you want out of your rig
                  Both processors are good, but when it comes to gaming it's no contest... AMD simply rules.

Comment

AMD gets my vote too, and I´m an Intel user btw.

But I think the graphics are very close to dated imo. The engine is from 2002 so I´m not surprised.

Comment

So , do you think sempron 2200+ is fine ?Im gonna have geforce 6600gt .Im not planning on playing on highest deatils but high deatils .

Comment

from your other thread, youre going to be playing this game at 800x600 at 200Hz... theres no point, splash out a bit and buy a 3000+ AMD Athlon 64.. that way you can pump your resolution to 1152x864 or maybe even 1280x1024 because UT2004 is CPU bound up to 1024x768 so unless you have a good processor, your card is going to be 90% dead weight..

i upgraded from a 2.2GHz Celeron to a 3.2GHz P4, (with my old 9600) and i noticed a substantial increase in frame rates.. then when i got my 6600GT, it went up even more..

go a bit wild and get yourself a decent processor, just £100 to tide you over until the end of 2006, theres almost no way youll need to upgrade until then.

if you want to see how the sempron you were looking for measures up to the AMD 64 3000+ you might want to check the following link. but the sempron 2200+ isnt on this list :bulb: so id say it gets around the same as an AMD athlon 2000+.
                        CPU test
                        thats my research for the day

Comment

I am going to play 800 x 600 for SURE !! I like my fov , sensitivity and resolution , if Im going to higher my resolution its going to be to 1028 x 748 ( is it 748 ? Does really matter you know what resolution I mean ) , tell me whats a good graphic card + cpu for 800 x 600 high details and no , I cant affor 939 , maybe with a radeon 960 which I dont want so , maybe sempron 3000 + radeon 9800 pro for the 800 x 600 high details and 1AA/ 2x AF ?

Comment

Athlon 64 skt 939 w/ San Diego core.

Comment

Omg ... How about athlon 64 939 venice core + radeon x700 ? Or Intel pentium 3.2 ghz + radeon 9800 pro ?

Comment

Working...
                              X