A good crt monitor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good crt monitor ?

I was thinking of Iiyama vision master pro 455 19" .
    Is there any better 19" in the range of 100 - 200 $ ?
    Is there any you could recommend ?

I recommend this:
    http://stores.tomshardware.com/searc...sterid=589170/
    http://www.necdisplay.com/products/P...assification=1

Probably not in your price range though.

Comment

I dont like 22" , I only like 19 " . One with high hz at 800 x 600 .

Comment

That's almost criminal.

Comment

I was thinking of that one 200hz at 1028 x 748 omg ... Too costy for me . Maybe Ill buy samsung sync master , those are good too .

Comment

iiyama 21inch Visionmaster up to 360hz

Comment

Well I think Ill buy 19" Eizo F730 92 hz at 1600x 1200 , max 160 ,so 160 at 800 x 600 I guess and its just 110$ .

Comment

This LaCie monitor:
                http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10121
                Lets me play at 1280x1024 @ 100Hz. 1024x768 would be 120 Hz. It also has this superbright button which I love when playing games.

Comment

I'd disagree heavily with princess frosty, Iiyama make shoddy monitors at best, i've read so many bad reviews about the Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 and 455. Not only that i know of friends and other customers that have bought them and regretted it.

To start of it has sub average image quality, text screens show some fuzziness at the edges of the letters, making them slightly difficult to read. The monitor renders images fairly well, but the colours arn't as accurate or lucid as other models that are less expensive.

To top it off the high refresh rates they claim at the lower resolutions such as 800 x 600 at 130Hz are useless, as the image quality becomes unstable and text screens unreadable. This is due to the manufacturing build of the monitors. They have known to break down and be replaced quite regularly.

Iiyama do however provide an excellent manufacturing guarantee in which they'll replace the broken monitor for a new one at your door in the warranty period. But most companies do this nowadays....

To save yourself the nightmare of investing in one of these monitors i took the time and research when i bought mine, i was initially intending to buy a 19inch crt but instead bought a 22 inch crt.

I purchased the excellent Viewsonic p220f, the refresh rates are as follows:
                  2048 x 1536 @ 68 Hz
                  1920 x 1440 @ 73 Hz
                  1600 x 1200 @ 87 Hz
                  1280 x 1024 @ 101 Hz
                  1152 x 864 @ 118 Hz
                  1024 x 768 @ 132 Hz
                  800 x 600 @ 160 Hz
                  640 x 480 @ 160 Hz

All completely reliable and you can't go wrong, i absolutely love mine.

Plus max res on 455 is 1600x1200 at 75Hz while optimum with 220f is 1600x1200 85Hz.

Comment

You can pick one up for $400 and in terms of savings, its like an entry level price for a 22inch crt monitor but provides the same if not better quality of mid-high 22inch crts that are much more expensive.

Comment

I thought this would be apporpriate for this thread..

if i got a 19" monitor (currently using a 17") would the heat wastage be increased too? because with this monitor, summers are hell. my bedroom temperature rises to about 31c even with the window open..

but i want a bigger monitor because my favourite resolution is only supported in 60Hz

help and advice please

Comment

Yes but only minimally, i have a 28inch sony wega tv, various electronic equipment, obviously desktop, laser printer, 22inch crt monitor and my room is burning hot even with the windows open in summer days.

But i have the ceiling fan going on full blast and two fans to keep me barely cool just deal with it man, because 60Hz on the eyes is extremely unpleasant and deterimental long term. I couldnt deal with that flickering :down:

Comment

Hmm I dunno have look at the eizo I found 92 hz at 1600 x 1200 . I think Ill buy that one . Like I said I can only afford 19" max 170$ . Btw which one of these is more heavy : razer diamond back or mx 518 ?

Comment

haha very funny i got that wrong, its the razor by 10 grams or 15 grams i can't remember.

Comment

Razer than I preffer heavy mouse , and do you think its possible? I feel its a typo when I read that eizo monitor can do 92hz at 1600 x 1200 for 110 $ :/ .

Comment

Working...
                              X