New Hardware Induces FPS Woes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neoflame
    peterbi: As it turns out, I get the same framerates at 1024x768x32 as I do on 1024x768x16, so the former it is.

Virax: Ah. At 1152x864x32 I get about 40-320 FPS (looked at a different wall this time ), and that extra few FPS is probably owing to the extra 200MHz on my CPU.
    Heh, okay. Well, I'm getting the new card... so hurrah!

Comment

SO which card you decide on? refurb or new?

Comment

...and that extra few FPS is probably owing to the extra 200MHz on my CPU.
        and the fact you have a 9600 pro which is 40% faster in ut2004 than a plain 9600...

Comment

Originally posted by peterbi
          and the fact you have a 9600 pro which is 40% faster in ut2004 than a plain 9600...
          Really? :bulb:

I want a 6600GT but it's unlikely I'll have the cash for one soon

Comment

Originally posted by peterbi

Really? :bulb:
            OH- I assumed you read that information in my earlier post at top of this page.
            Yeah- the 9600pro is 40% faster than 9600 in ut2004- look here:
            http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...charts-05.html

that would definitely be part of the reason your setup is faster than VrxGz's setup.

ps -I want a 6600GT real bad now too, but I know it wont be good enough for me for ut2007.. so im holding off since I have a fx5900xt which is good enough for todays games.

Comment

i just realized something:

i have a radeon 9000... yep a 9000. it's worth under $40 right now

the rest of my comp is about he same quality equipment (256mb generic ram, Pentium 1.6 ghz)

now i get 30+ fps on rankin

doesn't that seem kind of disproportionally high considering my pcu, ram, and video card together are worth about $140??

Comment

I'm upgrading to the 6600 GT (the new, not the refurb), and then a few months after UT2007 comes out I'll probably upgrade both CPU and video card, and throw in another 1-2GB of RAM.

Comment

Why do you have Decal stay high and shadows full? Usually you have no time to notice those things anyway.

9600 is lousy, 9600pro is much better. Been playing with it quite happily so far.

Comment

Originally posted by aTourist
                    Why do you have Decal stay high and shadows full? Usually you have no time to notice those things anyway.

9600 is lousy, 9600pro is much better. Been playing with it quite happily so far.
                    Because I like them. ;<

PSU is 450W.

Comment

I like all that turned on too. I figure if its in the game crank it up. If my hardware cant cut it? then I upgrade it
                      Hope you have lots of fun with your new 6600gt

Comment

Originally posted by Sabo
                        having shadows on full helps alot in close range fights, cos if they're just above u, u can see their shadow, and therfore know where abouts they will land
                        I just noticed I like shadows fully on.

Comment

Working...
                        X