UT2007 and hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2007 and hardware

Does anyone know at this time what the hardware requirements will be for UT2007, trying to plan any upgrades I might need?

Definatly the top end of today will be the midrange req's for 2007, so 6800/x800, and of course 7800 and whatever ati's next card is will perform best, at least now, next year a new set of cards will probably ship by the time ut2007 is out

Comment

darn that sucks :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor_Saturn
        Definatly the top end of today will be the midrange req's for 2007, so 6800/x800, and of course 7800 and whatever ati's next card is will perform best, at least now, next year a new set of cards will probably ship by the time ut2007 is out
        Do you know what that will translate into as far as Pentium processor and Nvidia cards? Right now I have P4, 2.6 and a 256 MB 8x agp Geforce video card.

Comment

Bah, with every new u/ut i've been forced to buy some new hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by cisforcookie
            Do you know what that will translate into as far as Pentium processor and Nvidia cards? Right now I have P4, 2.6 and a 256 MB 8x agp Geforce video card.
            The 2.6 P4 probably won't cut it. 256 MB 8x agp Geforce card tells us basically nothing, since that could be anything from a fx5200 to a 6800 ultra. Which graphics chipset is it?

Comment

Originally posted by .dot.Chops
              The 2.6 P4 probably won't cut it. 256 MB 8x agp Geforce card tells us basically nothing, since that could be anything from a fx5200 to a 6800 ultra. Which graphics chipset is it?
              The video card I believe is a fx5500, bummer on the processor, gotta buy new motherboard.

Comment

A GeForce FX 5500 will definitely NOT suffice... hell, they're barely enough for playing UT2004 on low detail settings... Recommended midrange spec will probably be a 6800 GT... and a 6800 GT is at least 8 times as powerful as a 5500...

Comment

The video card I believe is a fx5500, bummer on the processor, gotta buy new motherboard.
                  Time for a new system, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                    Time for a new system, bud.
                    not until a little closer to the release date me thinks

Comment

I'll have to find a creative way to convince the wife we need an upgrade

Comment

Not yet, though. Wait until closer to the release like others have said. You'll be able to get a faster system for less money.

Never upgrade until you need to.

Comment

I'm about to get married... so, mission: impossible to me

Comment

Originally posted by bemymonkey
                            A GeForce FX 5500 will definitely NOT suffice... hell, they're barely enough for playing UT2004 on low detail settings... Recommended midrange spec will probably be a 6800 GT... and a 6800 GT is at least 8 times as powerful as a 5500...

well i had a 5200 128 mb and it ran at default settings at 30+ fps in ONS with 32 bots. A 5500 with 256 mb ram is more than enough for ut2004. And with his p4 2.6 its a good team up. Low bottle neck if any. put your e-***** somewhere where someone cares. Ut2004 is a year old.

Comment

Maybe you could say it's good for your e-*****.

Comment

Working...
                              X