• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut2k7 is the patch noob :noob: :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by «ßîc»$l@c|<er
      mines do zero to a goliath? ewwww.
      Sunday they did a lot of damage on a 3355 server with 3355 client.

Comment

The most recent patch is 3355, which is the sixth patch. You have every right to rely upon 3168 data, but it has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I am talking about the difference between the original way weapons and vehicles functioned and how they function now under patch 3355.

NotoriousBIC points out differences in data with the same patch, but on different servers. I really do not understand it. I would like to figure this out, with the help of anyone with current ideas (please don't talk about anything before patch 3355).

Would it be fair to say that mines do 142 points of damage to vehicles and 88-90 points of damage to soldiers, and in some (apparently rare) circumstances no damage to Goliaths???

Comment

Originally posted by conqui
          So, let's deal with the mental midgets first: KillTheRoadGrill, or whatever your name is --- The most recent patch is 3355, which is the sixth patch. 3168 is so old that it is irrelevant, as are your insults in something that attempts to approximate the English language. You have every right to rely upon 3168 data, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with what I am talking about. If you don't care, then go somewhere else, it is not what I am talking about.

I am talking about the difference between the original way weapons and vehicles functioned and how they function now under patch 3355. If you want to talk about all the stuff in between, start your own thread, and in whatever language you prefer. You are challenging my data about patch 3355 on the basis of the data from other patches. Go to a mental hospital, maybe you will find someone who agrees with your nonlogic.

Notorious, on the other hand, points out differences in data with the same patch, but on different servers. I really do not understand it. I would like to figure this out, with the help of anyone with current ideas (please don't talk about anything before patch 3355).

Would it be fair to say that mines do 142 points of damage to vehicles and 88-90 points of damage to soldiers, and in some (apparently rare) circumstances no damage to Goliaths???
          You wanted to post that stuff on another forum... ...didn't you?

Please go ahead. Hope you are busy there...

Comment

Originally posted by conqui
            The most recent patch is 3355, which is the sixth patch. 3168 is so old that it is irrelevant. it has nothing whatsoever to do with what I am talking about.
            3186 is UT2004 the Release Version

so wat your saying the origonal is irrelivent at the time but something has changed so that 3355 is not the same game?

YES i am challenging your data

Comment

Under patch 3355, look at the amount of damage done by a mine against a vehicle. Is it 200 points of damage as stated in "Prima's Official Guide"? Now test a mine against a soldier under patch 3355. Is it 200 points (if the soldier has that much Health plus armor)?

RoadGrillKill is absolutely correct, I do not care what the data were before the game that I am currently playing now under patch 3355. I do care, however, if reality now is different than reality was in bygone days.

In other words, I don't care what the numbers are but I do care if they are different now than they were before.

Comment

Readeth my lips:

No weapon has had it's damage rate changed from 3186 (release) upto 3355 (latest patch).

The damage for spidermines has NEVER been 200, but always ~140 (against vehicles)
                Only AVRiLs do 200 damage against vehicles, grenades do 100.

UTComp is NOT UT2004, any bugs relating to that are not UT2004's fault.

Comment

Thank you Bic you can word things better than i can, ive been trying to say that the whole time but Jack Daniels help me write it.

Comment

Mines have always done about 140-50 damage, they do less to infantry due to the fact vehicle and inf armour counts different.

Mines and grenades do extra 50% damage to vehicles, where as link does 33% less iirc.

Avril is 200 to both types, but also counts as splash (hence the occaisional manta surviving)

I've had no difference and neither has anyone I know, your copy of UT is bugged conqui.

And never trust those official guides. The code tells the real story.

Comment

like i said earlyer that guide is as usfull as the paper i wipe my *** with

Comment

Originally posted by VenomZER0
                        And never trust those official guides. The code tells the real story.
                        Where's Boksha when yxou need him?

Comment

You can go to a bookstore or order it from Amazon -- Prima's Official Strategy Guide for Unreal Tournament 2004. Turn to page 61. Here is a scan of that page.

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/74/minedamage9zq.jpg

And in these Atari forums, here is a quotation from this book, a little more than halfway down the page.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...ht=mine+damage

Notice that both of them say the Mine Layer does 200 points of damage. This remained true even under patch 3270. I tested weapons rate of fire and damage per shot and many other weapons characteristics when I got the Prima guide, and found basically the same results as reported there. I did extensive testing under patch 3270. There were some differences from when the game was released, but the Mine Layer still did 200 damage.

I would scan pages from the Prima guide about the Shock Rifle, to show that the amount of damage when UT2004 was released was different than it is now (numbers given above), but it is pointless because apparently some persons like to argue that what they see with their own eyes is not true. The truth is the truth, whether everyone believes it or no one believes it. Mental midgets don't understand this concept, and become upset when confronted with evidence to the contrary.

Whether Prima's guide or anyone else's is of any use or not is quite beside the point. I don't care what you want to do with pages which report things different than what you want to believe. Burn the books for all I care. Whether you choose to believe that data in the Prima book or my data or anyone else's are accurate or not, the fact is that the Mine Layer at UT2k4's release and under patch 3270 did 200 points of damage and now under patch 3355 does 142 points of damage. (I won't quibble about a few points here and there, if someone chooses to say 145 points or 138 points I don't think that is a significant difference.)

As for UT Comp or whatever it is called where you can press F1 during a game and a little chart comes up and shows how many shots a weapon has fired and how many hit something and how much damage it caused -- well, if that little feature causes changes in how weapons and vehicles operate, the fact is that they operate differently now than they used to. There is more than one server where I have been able to press F1 and get this same handy little chart. I don't get that chart when I press F1 in Instant Action.

Nevertheless, it is certainly true that what I found about the BioRifle is not universally true on all servers. I don't know what others will find if they go into their own Instant Action and test out the BioRifle against the Goliath. It would be interesting to me to see what they find, and to track down what the cause of variations is. Those who are not interested or curious about this are absolutely not forced to read about it. Those who do not want to believe that people honestly report different data are free to believe whatever they want.

Those who want to believe that there are virtually no changes to weapons and vehicles characteristics from when the game was first released are free to hold this belief. They can test out weapons now and compare them to the Prima guide or to other guides on various websites that report data. Even these Atari forums. When the numbers now are different than they were before, it can be said and believed that someone is lying and making it all up.

I happen to believe that things have changed. But my question is if there will be another major patch out in the near future. I would like to know, even if you think the reason I want to know is silly.

Comment

You have never been able to destroy a tank with only 4 spidermines, not with the release version, not with patch 3270, not ever. If you're so hellbent on saying otherwise, make a demo and prove us all wrong.

Dr.Sin has hinted at a new patch being worked on, but it hasn't been confirmed.

Comment

What they definately need to fix is the sound levels constantly resetting when ever you enter the menu during gameplay. Like many people I set my soundvolume=5 from 1 in my .ini because the sound is just too low amplitude wise.

Now when I go into a menu during gaming, my sound shouldnt go back to the stock 1, it should stay at the value indicated in the ini, even if that value is greater then 100%.

Comment

I provided a link to a published book and a forum post. If this information is not true, please post links to published material or forum posts dated prior to the release of patch 3323 that the Mine Layer data is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X