• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksha
    BadAss, I know EXACTLY what he meant
    Cool you can read minds ?

Comment

Originally posted by Meroin
      Boksha: The sniper rifle, now that the Lightning gun has been introduced, is just unnecessary. I have to put the Lightning Guns mutator on every time I play Deck 17 or other maps that include it because the sniper rifle was reintruduced.
      You think about weapons WEIRD. :bulb: You'll see how necessary the sniper rifle is when the LG is no longer in come UT2k7. Don't let the fact that the UT2k4 sniper sucks in comparison to the LG cloud your judgement. The only necessary change between the UT2k7 sniper and the UT2k4 LG is the fuzzy lightning bolt being replaced with a tracer and the sizzly pop being replaced by a loud bang.

It's not bouncing back and hitting me off of a wall; I know that.
      It probably is. Either that or your opponent is hitting you with some other weapon.
      Keep in mind that the chunks in UT keep doing damage even if the glow's gone, making them a little hard to see.

To me, a beam that hits its target instantly is more suited for a hitscan weapon than a traveling, projectile-looking line.
      The projectile-like beam was always preceded by a clear and visible shockwave on the point of impact though.

Comment

i never use the assault rifles, i just find that i end up dying quicker while using them cause i cant kill anyone lol, i sometimes use it purely for the grenades though. i muchly prefer the enforcers cause i could aim with them.

i agree about the ut99 shock rifle beam being a bit gay, i like the effect as it is more exciting than a simple coloured beam, but i think the time it takes for the traveling part of it to reach the target should be greatly increased, so it takes ~.5 of a second no matter how distant the target it.
        i dunno, but the visible effects of each weapon affects how well i aim with it. i can not use the sniper rifle effectively, i hate it, but i love the LG and can aim with it no troubles. i hope it stays in ut2007 and the sniper gone, sniper just plain sucks.

with the rocket launcher between ut99 and 2004, i find that in ut2004 the instant i click a rocket comes out (or close enough to an instant anyway) but in ut99 i click and then it loads the rocket and fires a little later. cause i havent played ut99 sriously in quite some time, whenever i do go to play it again i usually end up shooting myself with my own rockets cause they dont release as quick as i expect.

Comment

What ChookWoods said: I have best hitscan aim with Lightning Gun. Second best with shock, and least with Sniper. The raw power, the effect, and the sound of electricity tearing through your oppenents' heads just makes the Lightning Gun much more motivating to hit with. Rather than a crack and a decal on the floor where I missed the enemy because I forgot to put the Lightning Guns mutator on

Gonna test out all of the other things mentioned in 99 right now.

Comment

The Sniper Rifle fires faster than the Lighting Gun...thats what makes it better. This is UT, after all, where you miss more than you hit (and everyone knows thats true, no matter how l337 you are.) Hence, I'm glad the Lighting Gun won't be in the next UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Penguin
              The Sniper Rifle fires faster than the Lighting Gun...thats what makes it better. This is UT, after all, where you miss more than you hit (and everyone knows thats true, no matter how l337 you are.) Hence, I'm glad the Lighting Gun won't be in the next UT.
              GAH. When are you people going to stop assuming the weapons in UT2k7 will have the same properties as the ones in UT2k4?
              The game is designed from scratch. There will be no weapon tweaking as it's a completely new arsenal.

Comment

GAH. When are you people going to stop assuming the weapons in UT2k7 will have the same properties as the ones in UT2k4?
                The game is designed from scratch. There will be no weapon tweaking as it's a completely new arsenal.
                Well for starters if UT07 is gonna have a Flak cannon and UT04 has a Flak cannon its fairly reasonale to expect them to behave similary because otherwise it would be Pointless to call it Flak cannon, but then Epic likes to screw things over and not bother to fix it properly...

Comment

My favorite kills are when you spam a nade off the spawn, and 5 seconds later when you're completely turned the opposite way not even thinking about it... "You killed NAMEHERE!"

Daniel gets angry when I do that, though. :<

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz
                    My favorite kills are when you spam a nade off the spawn, and 5 seconds later when you're completely turned the opposite way not even thinking about it... "You killed NAMEHERE!"

Yeah its kinda dumb, take away the skill part about the AR theres to many variables involved when using Ar nades...

Comment

Originally posted by vrxGz

I do the same, but with randomly fired goop shots

Comment

This is UT, after all, where you miss more than you hit (And everyone knows thats true, no matter how l337 you are.)
                        Tell that to the guys who hit 70% hitscan consistently.

Comment

My prefered weaponry:

Impact/Shield? Dunno - Like 'em both...
                          UT Enforcers - Can you say "0wnage"? (well, actually they're just AutoMags + 200% coolness. AutoMag texture = stink)
                          UT2k4 Goo gun - It just feels better...
                          UT Shock - Better feel, Better model. Also the shock beam is fun.
                          UT Plasma - Add the 2k4 link-ability and it'll score. Also a better model.
                          UT Minigun - Better feel, better model.
                          Flak? Dunno - This one's got me. I like 'em all. UT2k4 for better prim, UT for better second.
                          UT Rocket - 6 rockets (which CAN come in handy) / 6 grenades. Better model + far more fun.
                          UT "Headshot" rifle - Classy. LG's not too shabby either, but I prefer the HS rifle due to it looking like an M16 and sounding like rockage. xD

Yes, the Assault Rifle "can" come in handy, but it's still weak - 'Nades are nice but the bullets are too little and sound weak. Also a good nice (ut2k3 model). Had they made it a REAL assault rifle (increased damage, precision and a better sound) then it'd kick ***!

Also, out of the games I prefer the following:

UT2k4 Movement-System
                          UT Damage-System
                          UT FoV/Scaling
                          UT Lighting
                          UT2k4 Graphics (Everything else)
                          UT2k4 UED + Animation-System
                          UT Menu

And Assault in all it's incarnations...

Now it's time for less me and more topic... xD

Comment

PC gamer said that the Sniper Rifle would be the same as UT2k4's, Mr. Smarty Pants. :P

Comment

PC gamer said that the Sniper Rifle would be the same as UT2k4's, Mr. Smarty Pants. :P
                              Sigh.
                              Look, unless all player movement and the rest of the arsenal is exactly the same as well, the sniper rifle CAN'T be the same. For example if the sniper rifle had the exact same code as it does in UT2k4 and all other weapons are weaker, the sniper rifle, in effect, is stronger. Needless to say, player movement affects the weapon too.
                              So unless the good people at PC Gamer are psychics and had a vision of UT2k7 (a game that's still a year and probably more away from release) is exactly the same as UT2k4 in all aspects, the fact that they say the sniper rifle will be the same doesn't say a whole lot.
                              Now they COULD say something about whether or not it will have a slower switch time (if they know what that is) or a smoke puff or a tracer, but even if they had the information directly from Epic it doesn't have to be accurate as Epic can always decide to change something. (not all that unlikely in a year time)

Originally posted by Bishop Gantry
                              Well for starters if UT07 is gonna have a Flak cannon and UT04 has a Flak cannon its fairly reasonale to expect them to behave similary because otherwise it would be Pointless to call it Flak cannon, but then Epic likes to screw things over and not bother to fix it properly...
                              Obviously it will look kind of sameish and have a similar purpose and function, but that doesn't say anything about whether the shards will fly faster or slower, how many shards are fired, whether they bounce more or less, be affected by gravity or not, whether or not damage depends on distance, how large the spread of the weapon is, whether or not the shards will cause lockdown, whether or not the primary and secondary will fire faster or slower, how much ammo is available to the player, how fast and far the secondary will fly, how high the arc of the shells will be, how large the splash radius of the shells are, how many shards are emitted from the shell (if any at all) whether those are thrown in a random direction, mostly upwards or in the direction the shell was going and whether there will be extra damage for direct-hits or not. (and there are probably plenty of other properties that could be changed that would still keep the flak cannon a flak cannon)
                              Not to mention the movement abilities, size of the maps, other weapons and available powerups will influence the effectiveness and use of the weapon.

Comment

i agree with boksha. there are so many manipulative variables; there is no doubt ut2k7 weaponry will possess an entirely different identity and resemble other previous counterparts only in function and design. so please do not prejudge weapons that are still in construction, as you, us, and quite possibly even Epic have no idea what properties the final production weapons will have yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X