Weapon Differences vs UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Differences vs UT

UT was the last I played of this but I just reacently picked up 2004 and have a few questions.

The mini-gun: It seems the primary fire and alternate fire are reversed from UT was? Is the primary fire mode the faster/more inaccurate fire rate and the alternate the slower/more accurate?

The rocket launcher: No grenades in alternate fire, I get it (but don't like it). The fire rate of individual rockets seems much faster?

The base assault rifle: Is it me or is this about 2000% more worthless as the UT's pistol?

Thx...

yes
    yes, i dunno. (uncle boksha? )
    yes

Comment

Heh... in original UT I remember I could run around close quarters maps with with two pistols effectively.

I tried that on a map in 2004 and might as well have been wearing a sign saying "VICTIM!"

Comment

I prefer the original weapons.

I never was bothered with the spam.

Comment

enforcers > assault rifle
          IIRC you are 3 times right

Comment

I prefer the assault rifles. :X

Comment

Don't you just love it when people answer their own questions

Although in the AR's defense, the 'nades kick **** :up:

Comment

The minigun's difference is bad, I personaly never see anyone use secondary fire :bulb:

The new rocket is bad, I want my grenade back too. And the rocket in UT was more powerfull but slower I think.

The AR is the (insert bad word here) weapon ever created for the Unreal series. Even the dispersion pistol from Unreal was better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
                  The minigun's difference is bad, I personaly never see anyone use secondary fire :bulb:
                  Heh, you haven't played TAM then.
                  100% more ammo efficiency > 50% more damage at pointblank range. (not to mention the muchly increased accuracy)

Originally posted by Jake-SF
                  And the rocket in UT was more powerfull but slower I think.
                  Yes, although the difference in damage wasn't that big. UT's rockets did 112 damage while UT2k3/4's do 90.

Originally posted by Plaid_Dragon
                  The fire rate of individual rockets seems much faster?
                  Yes, the primary fire of the rocketlauncher seems to spit out individual rockets much faster than the secondary does. From what I can tell from 2 seconds of browsing the code, most of that comes from the fact that it fires on release rather than automatically tho', because the hardcoded difference is only 50ms.

Comment

assault rifle, worthless?!! whaaat!

I use the assualt rifle more than the plasma gun, you know, the one that shoots a green laser beam. The assault rifle is quite handy sometimes, for example if someone is about to die, instead of trying to kill him accurately with a sniper, spam his *** with the rifle :bulb:

Comment

So the only thing it is good for is kill stealing in DM? Not much of a redeeming quality.

Comment

AR is garbage. I wish they'd start you unarmed and you could punch.

Comment

Minigun is just like you said .

Rocket is just like you said .

And yes the assault rifle is no use , only the grenades can do something which are good if you bounce them properly from a wall or something .

Comment

Originally posted by Idren
                            AR is garbage. I wish they'd start you unarmed and you could punch.
                            Shield gun anyone?

Comment

pah! the AR isn't completely usless. the grenades kick ***, ive used them countless times, taken out quite a few flag carriers with em as well as just normal opponents. liek everything else it takes practice to master

Comment

Working...
                              X