Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a link to the movie (from MSUC) "Bot"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a link to the movie (from MSUC) "Bot"?

This movie: http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut20...4/ct_movie.php
    (the bot one - first place)

Now you see, when I go to its homepage, there are 2 download links, one just doesnt work (it says too much server load), and the other is fileplanet ( ) which makes you wait in line.

"FilePlanet Download System
    bot_medium.zip
    Waiting for your turn to download
    Place in Line
    255 /353
    Estimated Wait
    80 minutes"

I really dont want to wait that long If anyone has a link to it, TIA.

that looks cool i didnt know there where there me wait for download sorry but i dont know any other place

Comment

http://files.filefront.com/UT2004___.../fileinfo.html

Comment

I just watched for the first time ever, finished about 2 minutes ago and i have this to say, didn't make a lick o' sense. its REALLY REALLY well made yes, but it didn't make a lick of sense to me. liked it tho

Comment

It's pretty amazing really, I was very impressed when I watched it a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by r.a
            It's pretty amazing really, I was very impressed when I watched it a while ago.
            o yes it is very impressive.......i just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by inventor209
              o yes it is very impressive.......i just don't get it.
              ok, its a robot. just like in UT. you die, you respawn. *this is all of what i think its about, it might not be correct*

the robot sees what is going on and what every other robots fate is around it. it desides to not follow the path that was choosen for it, and escape.
              when it falls, it shuts off for a little while a guess, then gets up and doesnt know where it is. it walks along and sees the red computer chip room, then the green. the door behind it closes and the door infront of it opens with a minigun.
              at that point, i think it was another decision make. take the minigun and fight, or walk on through the computer circuts.
              all of those blue walls are having some kind of electrical effect of the robot, which is weakening it.
              the bot comes across the area where every other robot met its fate. it decides to keep walking through it, maybe looking for a way out.
              when it sees the emiter thingy that happens once you die in UT, i guess it just gave up.
              i think that if it waited, it would of grabbed the health, but then get killed by the bots.
              when the bot when under the ground, a grass mesh arose, so maybe for how many patches of grass there were, thats how many bots have died there.
              *just what i think its about, its a very very good matinee*

Comment

It had technical merits and obviously took a lot of work, but...

I'm a big fan of Stanley Kubrick's films, and I still found this agonizingly slow and pretentious.

Way too much expressionless robot face staring expressionlessly at nothing in particular.

Comment

I more or less agree with Juggalo_Kyle. But I have to admit some parts are insanely slow.

A bit cpu-heavy, too

Comment

Originally posted by [BGE]Machine6
                    http://files.filefront.com/UT2004___.../fileinfo.html
                    THX!

Comment

Originally posted by Juggalo_Kyle
                      ok, its a robot. just like in UT. you die, you respawn. *this is all of what i think its about, it might not be correct*

the robot sees what is going on and what every other robots fate is around it. it desides to not follow the path that was choosen for it, and escape.
                      when it falls,
                      At this place my rig crashes. Always. I thought it's the end of the matinee... :bulb:

Comment

really? does it always do that everytime you watch the movie?

Comment

Actually I didn't try more after the 2nd crash. :bored:

Comment

"Journey" is pretty good too, has an animation look to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
                              Actually I didn't try more after the 2nd crash. :bored:
                              was it the movie file like .wmv or was it a matinee map that had to be played through ut?

Comment

Working...
                              X