Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get better with the goo gun? (And also NON-hitscan weapons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you get better with the goo gun? (And also NON-hitscan weapons)

Like is there some clear-cut formula for improving your goo gun skill or is it just 'practice makes perfect' (like it is with instagib)?

Is there some sort of "TRICK" you use so you can get those unbelievably wild goo gun kills (100% charged secondary ofcourse) from across the map?

This also applies to non hitscan weapons when you get like a headshot using the RL or Flak, etc.

Practise indeed.

Comment

Get good at leading the projectiles.

As for the bio. Lead and spamzor.

Comment

i find that if you dont jump around like a madman as much, you will find it much easier to aim with just about any weapons, try to work on your footwork and sidestepping your enemies.

Comment

all i can say is keep playing

if you keep practicing you'll start to get the trajectory part down and be able to quickly get the angle and timing for goo and flak 'nades without even thinking about it

this also helps with hitting people with the RL from far away

you could get a godlike bot match going and put on god, loaded, and ghost and get like 10 feet up and try to kill them for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Amish_Refugee
            you could get a godlike bot match going and put on god, loaded, and ghost and get like 10 feet up and try to kill them for a while
            I'm off to try that right now

Comment

use flak secondary. BAM.

Comment

Just learn how far the projectile goes and how much the trajectory arcs.

I personally am really good at goo secondary, but the fact that I use it so much makes my flak secondary worse because the trajectories are different.

Practice, practice, practice. It's easier than learning hitscan.

Also god + loaded + 5 bots

Comment

charge up the goo gun with secondardy fire button...

Try to make it a habit of charging up the goo gun and let someone who is firing at your back have it. It's my second favorite way of killing people, first is the shield gun. I've played a couple of servers where only shield gun were allowed, good stuff, people were exploding everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Meroin
                    I personally am really good at goo secondary, but the fact that I use it so much makes my flak secondary worse because the trajectories are different.
                    Actually I am quite good with flak secondary (also primary). My weapon style is Shock and Flak (best combo IMO, shock being used more often).

But being good with Flak secondary totally doesnt help me with the goo secondary.

Comment

the trick to nailing them with teh goop is to wait until they are incapable of dodging it, i.e. they are about to land after jumping, or they are stuck in a corner, or they dont see you (of course).

Comment

Originally posted by «ßîc»$l@c|<er
                        i find that if you dont jump around like a madman as much, you will find it much easier to aim with just about any weapons, try to work on your footwork and sidestepping your enemies.
                        These are very wise words, indeed.

Sometimes the best course of action is to keep your feet, take aim and fire. Also makes it easier to dodge incoming projectiles when you need to...

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
                          Get good at leading the projectiles.

As for the bio. Lead and spamzor.
                          leading is key... and knowing the trajectory. Goo fires a little different from flak so know the different arc patterns and you will get better!

Comment

Originally posted by «ßîc»$l@c|<er

Well duh, it just makes it easier for your enemy to shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticBunny
                              Well duh, it just makes it easier for your enemy to shoot you
                              This is a problem I seem to keep getting. I can bounce around a map better than almost anybody, but can't aim. And then I steady myself for a good shot only for my enemy to beat me to the punch everytime.

Grrr.

As for leading projectiles, somebody should make a map where a single bot spawns on a jumpad and simply bounces up and down so you can practice air rox, air flak, air link and air anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X