This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie help (yes, again)

Ok so I mistakenly recorded my movies with fraps at 800x600 instead of 640x480. They play just fine though. When I take them into vDub however and render them, it gets REALLY choppy. I'm so frustrated! it took me so long to find the footage and I'm sure not going to go back and do it again. Does anyone have any clue why it's doing this in vdub?

How does the avi play in vdub in the outgoing window? Also, are you compressing the video and if so, which compression type are you using? And, what fps did you select in Fraps?

Btw, dumpframes (if your system can handle it) does work better for making smoother movies. It may be more time consuming, but it makes for less hassles on the compiling and editing end.

Comment

Well I just rendered it in vegas and it's fine, most excellent actually. Problem is I got Vegas from my old employer and I'm not quite sure how to use it lol. when I render first in Vegas then in Vdub it looks perfect. I just wish I could take the raw video right into vdub which I know. It happens no matter if I compress it with xvid, divx or leave it uncompressed. It plays choppy in the outgoing window.

I recorded it at 30 FPS. I know dump frames works better but its such a pain and takes up so much space. If this were a work of art I'd go for it, but I just can't spend the time for something just for fun.

Comment

I can't say I have an answer to your current question, but I have a very general video-editing tip for you; use UT2004's dumpframes command, and delete fraps.

Comment

DOH! I was running vdub from my drive that was going. I'll close this so my stupidity can fade away. It works fine when I moved Vdub to another drive. :bulb:

Comment

Working...
          X