No announcement yet.

Please do not put a "Preferred Team" option in UT2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what if i want to play AGAINST my clanmates? You know, some good-natured name calling and stat-bashing goes on in TeamSpeak, and all of a sudden you got a challenge. So you hop into a server and... uhoh... it automatically switches you to the same team as your clanmate. wtf. Now i have to go change my name, just to play the **** game how i want to.

bad idea.

Also, if everyone thinks red sticks out way too much, why not make the teams blue and green instead? both of those blend in. and then for the folks that DONT want everyone to blend in predator-style, youve got UTComp or some other brightskins package...

Comment

Originally posted by TørmentøR
      and that whole matching system by skill, i doubt thats going to work, at the begining of the game anyways, every1 will start fresh with no stats, the great players will be great, the sucky ones will be sucky, so how do you think that is gonna work out ?
      I will make veeeeeeeery simple example, so that you can understand (jesus, those Generation-@ kiddies... ...if the computer doesn't do the thinking... )

Match A (previous match):

Red Team (winner)
      1. huggley , pph: 300
      2. spoonman , pph: 250
      3. nadz , pph: 200
      4. rush , pph: 150

BlueTeam
      1. Player , pph: 4
      2. m3g4-K1ll3r , pph: 3
      3. U_4LL_$UCK , pph : 2
      4. fuegerstef , pph : 1

Now, these (simplified for this example) stats are recorded and players are then put to the teams according to their stats:

Resulting Roster:

Match B:
      Red Team
      1. huggley (previous match: pph: 300)
      2. rush (previous match: pph: 150)
      3. Player (previous match: pph: 4)
      4. fuegerstef (previous match: pph : 1)

BlueTeam
      1. spoonman (previous match: pph: 250)
      2. nadz (previous match: pph: 200)
      3. m3g4-K1ll3r (previous match: pph: 3)
      4. U_4LL_$UCK (previous match: pph : 2)

Now do some maths and add the pph of the blue team and the red team in Match B.

Comment

the sticking out of the team colors also depend of the map you are playing, some maps RED is more visible, some others BLUE is more visible, i dont see what the problem is, i dont have any issues seeing reds or blues, turn up your gamma if you have visual problems.

Comment

Originally posted by DJMattB2421
          what if i want to play AGAINST my clanmates?
          Clan-Stacking is lame on Pubs anyways. I really hate to play against a team of 3 or 4 divine players if I have to play with Player, Player, Player and Player.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
            I will make veeeeeeeery simple example, so that you can understand (jesus, those Generation-@ kiddies... ...if the computer doesn't do the thinking... )

Red Team (winner)

BlueTeam

Now, these (simplified for this example) stats are recorded and players are then put to the teams according to their stats:

Resulting Roster:

Match B:
            Red Team

BlueTeam

that system might work just fine, the question is: are they going to implement it ? we'll see...
            also there needs to be an option for clan matches, so it doesnt take into account the skill level of each player.

Comment

Clan-Stacking is lame on Pubs anyways. I really hate to play against a team of 3 or 4 divine players if I have to play with Player, Player, Player and Player.
              :heart:

Comment

TIME FOR SOME COMMON SENSE:
                Keep the ********* teams preference, but have it only be enacted when the teams are even before the person with the teams preference joins.

Or add a turned-on-by-default server option to override people's team preferences.

Comment

I have found this exact same thing happening and it's rather frustrating. I would remove the preference, improve the team balancing a hundred fold and still give the option for the user to change team through the interface.

Way too many matches were stacked with awesome players while the other team is asking how to shoot shock combo's Not good! And in that case leet players will never change teams to even it up because their ego's are being stroked while killing teh noobs 150 - 30. Personally I prefer a fair fight with each team has it's champions and everyone else is fighting hardcore to the end ...much more satisfying 100 - 99 score end.

Either way they need to fix the sh!te.

Comment

Red Team (winner)

BlueTeam

Resulting Roster:

Match B:
                    Red Team

BlueTeam

Yes!!! implement that for the love of pete!

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
                      devide the team players by rank.

rank people by how many games played. their stats.

if the total ranks of each team is close then you have balanced teams.

By far the better of the ideas

Comment

Originally posted by iron12
                        devide the team players by rank.

rank people by how many games played. their stats.

if the total ranks of each team is close then you have balanced teams.

snigris idea...

Comment

let some random code randomize teams. why even bring a skill thing into it? If I randomly get my *** kicked by a randomly picked team, GREAT! At least it was random and not purposely done to feed a few peoples ego's.

Comment

Originally posted by EFA11
                            let some random code randomize teams. why even bring a skill thing into it? If I randomly get my *** kicked by a randomly picked team, GREAT! At least it was random and not purposely done to feed a few peoples ego's.
                            That seems like the best idea idea to me as well. It'd take about two lines of actual code to get this working. I'd say just add a "Randomise teams" checkbox when running a server which defaults to on.

Comment

Originally posted by tewicc
                              autofix teams on restart so ppl with same clantags get on the same team, where it takes both and looks at the first like 3 letters of the name and then 3 last letters of the name and see where it best fits etc...

would be awsome for clangames, and well, preferred team option, if the community dosnt like it i would vote for it off, since it dosnt matter to me since i rearely play public, and never teamgames :P
                              Yeah, joining a clan's pub and having clanmates versus pub players would be a bit ugly.

Comment

Been playing a couple of ONS games on jolt recently, and never had a PPH of less than 400. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X