Please do not put a "Preferred Team" option in UT2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please do not put a "Preferred Team" option in UT2007

I've noticed a lot of the good players have their preferred team option set to Blue, and because of this, the Blue team wins more often than the Red team. This really makes the game unfair.

So I think it would be much better if in UT2007 there is no Preferred Team option so we can all have a 'GG'.

Or make Red team default. Some won't bother changing and they'll stick to red team.

(Yes, that was just a theory.)

Comment

autofix teams on restart so ppl with same clantags get on the same team, where it takes both and looks at the first like 3 letters of the name and then 3 last letters of the name and see where it best fits etc...

would be awsome for clangames, and well, preferred team option, if the community dosnt like it i would vote for it off, since it dosnt matter to me since i rearely play public, and never teamgames :P

Comment

Why would you want to be red team? Red stands out and is easy to shoot, blue usually blends in more. Blue team all the way!

Maybe they could make it so both teams see the opposing team as red (or blue) so it doesn't matter. Make it an option. You could make it so each individual on "Team 1" and "Team 2" could choose what color they see themselves as and what color they see opponent as.

Comment

Re: Please do not put a "Preferred Team" option in UT2007

Originally posted by AgentZero
          the Blue team wins more often than the Red team. This really makes the game unfair.
          :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Da Spadger
            Or make Red team default. Some won't bother changing and they'll stick to red team.

(Yes, that was just a theory.)
            That's already the case, if you set red as preferred team OR set it to none you still go on red.

Does for me anyway. :noob:

Comment

devide the team players by rank.

rank people by how many games played. their stats.

if the total ranks of each team is close then you have balanced teams.

Comment

Re: Re: Please do not put a "Preferred Team" option in UT2007

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
                :haha:
                Well I know you get the point. Sometimes I suck at wording things but you know my point lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tewicc
                  autofix teams on restart so ppl with same clantags get on the same team, where it takes both and looks at the first like 3 letters of the name and then 3 last letters of the name and see where it best fits etc...
                  no, no, and no.

That is the current problem. clans can come in, stick to one side, and dominate the not as good, clanless players.

Comment

Neon green Frostbite ftw

Comment

im not sure. I play assault on our server and it does seem as all the player come to blue.

And funnily enough red gets owned but i have to admit i enjoy playing on blue because my skin sticks out like a sore thumb as red

Raptor skin, the whole thing is red

Comment

Originally posted by Sabo
                        but clans usually want to play together, so they're just gonna change team anyway.

I think its a good idea :heart:
                        So if a player is not in a good clan. there just gonna get beat up, blown up, and ran over. I don't think that makes for a good idea.:sour:

Comment

just make the game look at the scores of the previous match, and sort teams accordingly. this wont be 100% accurate but it will prob be the most accurate thing you can.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookWoods
                            just make the game look at the scores of the previous match, and sort teams accordingly. this wont be 100% accurate but it will prob be the most accurate thing you can.

nuff said... :up:

Now close this thread as nothing else can be added.

Comment

thats a bad idea because i like being RED, and its set as my default team, the option to pick what team you want to be has been there for a long time, if they remove it, im sure some1 will come up with a way to incorporate it into the game,

and that whole matching system by skill, i doubt thats going to work, at the begining of the game anyways, every1 will start fresh with no stats, the great players will be great, the sucky ones will be sucky, so how do you think that is gonna work out ?

the other idea would be to give players the option to pick what skill level they fall into, but even that its going to cause problems, because any really good player (or sucky) could pick either, novice,advanced or in between level, so when the game does the match making, its still going to suck.

IMO there isnt a good way to do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X